Looking for hauliers in East Yorkshire

We’re looking for a small haulage company / few independents for my client, a large company near Hull.

So far they’ve distributed their pallets via a pallet network.

We have decided to regroup 60% of volumes on dedicated trucks doing milk runs every day delivering to their customers.

Obviously, the current supplier (a large haulage company) is not very interested in the new model. They want everything on their pallet network. So we’re dropping them and moving.

We’re talking 20000+ pallets per year. 12000+ pallets on milkruns and about 8000 to distribute via a pallet network (if interested).

Any people interested, get in touch :slight_smile:

Anyone? :wink:

It has only been 12 hours :wink:

This forum is mainly for discussion between hauliers/owner drivers & fleet operators, its not here for advertising work ( there are advertising rules)

It was me who pointed him here to see if anyone could help…

Sorry. :blush:

HB Holts?

Goldfinger:
It was me who pointed him here to see if anyone could help…

Sorry. :blush:

Not a problem, once is generally ok, it’s just we don’t want to have the forum flooded with ads, that was my friendly advice type post that happens when I’m in a good mood :grimacing:

He’s from another forum I frequent now, so pointed him here…

Emailled you Finns

This may be of interest to myself I own my own company, Davies Haulage Ltd, i do have a contract with a company and subcontract to various others I am based in Leeds operating a curtainside vehicle. With the look to adding vehicles in the very near future.

However price is key…

My email address is Davieshaulage@outlook.com

I don’t visit this very often but access emails instantly.

Kind regards,

Michael Davies
Director

Thanks for the replies and recommendations, and our apologies to the moderators for breaking forum rules.

That being said, we’ve been very surprised during our search for transportation with the reactions and quotations we’ve had.

Many hauliers I talk to in the UK complain about the fierce (dishonest?) competition from drivers coming to drive at much lower rates in the UK.
But then we get people trying to tell us that a daily 200 mile loop (mainly motorways) should cost £450 at least on a guaranteed yearly contract… :open_mouth:

When I compare this to the prices we pay for distribution out of the other DC’s, the prices we got here are a multiple.

So what does it force us to? I would say: leasing a truck and putting our own driver (who might not be a Brit) behind the wheel and adding another competitor for British haulage companies on the road? :confused:

Although we seem to have two good candidates, offers are still open.

Finns:
…But then we get people trying to tell us that a daily 200 mile loop (mainly motorways) should cost £450 at least on a guaranteed yearly contract… :open_mouth:

£450 for a 200 mile round trip, daily = £2.25ppm. Is that the final price including VAT or is it £450 PLUS the VAT?

bullitt:

Finns:
…But then we get people trying to tell us that a daily 200 mile loop (mainly motorways) should cost £450 at least on a guaranteed yearly contract… :open_mouth:

£450 for a 200 mile round trip, daily = £2.25ppm. Is that the final price including VAT or is it £450 PLUS the VAT?

Not including vat i would hope.

Finns:
So what does it force us to? I would say: leasing a truck and putting our own driver (who might not be a Brit) behind the wheel and adding another competitor for British haulage companies on the road? :confused:

Knock yourself out !

you may find when you put your leased vehicle and so far unknown nationality driver on the road that your costing are somewhat higher than predicted, you may also find you don’t get the productivity you envisedged from the aforementioned driver ( and you appear to be the sort that wants plenty done on the cheap from your comments) adding yet more cost, be careful what you wish for, remember you can and will drop the haulier at a moments notice if the work drops off( the haulier already knows this that’s where the 12month commitment from you comes in ) you may struggle to do the same with a leased truck and an employed driver.

i asked for details at the time but still waiting for them, rate for 200 mile will be in case it takes all day then have to quote on day rate, that could be why it has been quite on top side, but get in touch with details

£450/£500 per day take it or leave it :laughing:

It may be 200miles, but how many drops along the way? Time is money, go and do 200miles in any big city in one day and tell me that 500quid is easy money!

Any haulier running a day rate for less than 400 quid needs sectioning

Too right mate, I was charging 350 to 400 a day ten years ago and I never got rich out of it. :cry:

You get exactly what you pay for. The op would be wise to bear that in mind.

Finns:
Thanks for the replies and recommendations, and our apologies to the moderators for breaking forum rules.

That being said, we’ve been very surprised during our search for transportation with the reactions and quotations we’ve had.

Many hauliers I talk to in the UK complain about the fierce (dishonest?) competition from drivers coming to drive at much lower rates in the UK.
But then we get people trying to tell us that a daily 200 mile loop (mainly motorways) should cost £450 at least on a guaranteed yearly contract… :open_mouth:

When I compare this to the prices we pay for distribution out of the other DC’s, the prices we got here are a multiple.

Although we seem to have two good candidates, offers are still open.

Unless we are talking about fractional multiples then the OP seems to want the job done for £1 a mile. :laughing: