Scotts of Oswestry

Back in the 60’s my York’s boss bought an Albion Reiver from this company with a bulk blower boddy on it.
Has anyone got any pictures of this company and what did they used to carry :question: :question: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

Do you mean R.E. Scott of Treflach near Oswestry? He used to run bulkers but not in the 60’s.

Welshpool 1987

chepstowchap:
Welshpool 1987

Yes that looks like the same firm, the Reiver that was bought from them had a four figure number & two letters so it was regesterd before 63, I mabe got the year wrong, Put it down to a senior moment :blush: :blush:
Was it just a haulage company or did they have a provinder mill :question: :question: Many thanks for the picture. Dave J :confused: :confused:

yorkyjoy:

chepstowchap:
Welshpool 1987

Yes that looks like the same firm, the Reiver that was bought from them had a four figure number & two letters so it was regesterd before 63, I mabe got the year wrong, Put it down to a senior moment :blush: :blush:
Was it just a haulage company or did they have a provinder mill :question: :question: Many thanks for the picture. Dave J :confused: :confused:

If it was registered before 1963,it would have had a LAD cab and would be a six wheeler.
Cheers Dave.

Dave the Renegade:

yorkyjoy:

chepstowchap:
Welshpool 1987

If it was registered before 1963,it would jhave had a LAD cab and would be a six wheeler.
Cheers Dave.

Yes that is exactly what it was, even had 4 old pence telephone money still under the steering wheel boss for emergency us. :laughing:

Has anyone out there got any more pictures or information about this company please. :question: :question: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

R.E.Scott or Ron Scott operated a fleet of upto 10 rigid vehicles in the 50’s to the 90’s. He ran a fleet of mainly Leyland vehicles carrying animal feeds from Bibbys and Silcocks in Liverpool and Unilever in Port Sunlight. To my knowledge he never had any bulkers until the late 70’s and he only had one vehicle with four digits and two letters in the number, which was the first new vehicle he had, this was a Leyland Supercomet flatbed 4 wheeler. I do not remember him having any six wheelers. Some of the vehicles were painted in the colours of Bibbys, a Leyland Supercomet and an Albion Riever. The only two Albion Rievers I remember him having was an F reg and a G reg, both of which he had new on Shropshire regs. The 62 Leyland Comet would carry animal feed in the winter and in the summer would sub-contract to Frank Platt, Walkden, Manchester because it had an A Licence. Will try to dig out some more pictures for you. Ron Scott passed away in 1999.

incognito:
R.E.Scott or Ron Scott operated a fleet of upto 10 rigid vehicles in the 50’s to the 90’s. He ran a fleet of mainly Leyland vehicles carrying animal feeds from Bibbys and Silcocks in Liverpool and Unilever in Port Sunlight. To my knowledge he never had any bulkers until the late 70’s and he only had one vehicle with four digits and two letters in the number, which was the first new vehicle he had, this was a Leyland Supercomet flatbed 4 wheeler. I do not remember him having any six wheelers. Some of the vehicles were painted in the colours of Bibbys, a Leyland Supercomet and an Albion Riever. The only two Albion Rievers I remember him having was an F reg and a G reg, both of which he had new on Shropshire regs. The 62 Leyland Comet would carry animal feed in the winter and in the summer would sub-contract to Frank Platt, Walkden, Manchester because it had an A Licence. Will try to dig out some more pictures for you. Ron Scott passed away in 1999.

Thanks very much for this information (incognito) The truck that came to yorkshire had the cab painted in his own colours and the boddy was unpainted, I was thinking, Did he buy any second hand trucks that would solve this mystery ■■
I had this truck for about 12 months before the boddy & blower were taken off and put onto a new Albion Reiver, if it helps the blower was fitted by Penco at Peterborough. Many thanks Dave J