Scania R type

We have just had the topline version, demo this week. Had a brief look around it yesterday and I reckon it aint bad. Its a 470 i-shift in white. Dont know as I would want to part with me top bunk in my 4 series, It keeps me well away from the thermoking!!!.

EMC have let us have it for three months and it is being used by the same day man and night double man crew, so hopefully we will be getting some consistent fuel returns.

I’ll post more info when I get it

Martin

I saw an R topline on the road week before last. Looked well. Should be called the 5 series though. I reckon they’ve ditched the ?-series after all the bad press about the 4-series with folks comparing it to the 3-series which was the daddy. We know what they’re up to though :bulb:

SAY THAT AGAIN ROB… :laughing: :laughing:

that again rob :laughing:

Don’t know if its true but I was told that its not called a five series because of political reasons for example.

A 9 litre 4 series badge reads - 94 :laughing:

A 9 litre 5 series badge reads - 95 !!! :blush:

I believe another manufacturer has bagged the 95 badge for its truck?

A s i say though I cant belive thats the only reason.

Reason I heard it wasn’t the 5 series is because they have an agreement with Hino in Japan to sell Scannys and 5 is an unlucky number in Japan :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Rob K:
Should be called the 5 series though. I reckon they’ve ditched the ?-series after all the bad press about the 4-series with folks comparing it to the 3-series which was the daddy.

another reason to the list… A well known German car manufacturer (BMW) has already got a range of cars called the 5-series. It was due to copyright or summats that they were not allowed to cal it the 5-series as BM had already took it and used it for their cars.

having had a look in one at peterborough (good to see you there rikki and lucy), i have to admit to it not being at the top of my want one lists.
i have instead requested a topline 4 series classic cab as i feel that this vehicle offers a better value for money aspect than the new r series.
i predict (as i have already in another post) that the new r series will undergo yet another revamp within the next 9 months, on offer will be at least 2 versions of the same cab, one with the bunk at the front and one with the bunk at the back.
i also predict yet another version within 15 months with a raised bottom bunk that splits into 2 seats and a table.
scania should do like mecedes did and send a cab design person out in the truck for at least 6 weeks, 2 days of the week driving the truck with another driver and 3 nights of the week at a number of truckstops throughout europe asking questions of other drivers and actually living in the truck at night.
perhaps then we might get something useful and comfortable that we actually enjoy being in.
as for the 470, it is the dogs doo dahs.
fuel returns will of course depend upon the driver and the load, if you are running heavy all the time then it will top the 420 but if you only run at about 35 ton then the 420 will give a better fuel return.

A Scania is a Scania is a Scania :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: BUY A VOLVO :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve read that the reason for it not being called the 5-series is that Scania will introducing changes as and when they are required, instead of introducing a new model every so often, like they did when they went from the 3 to the 4-series.