New "R" type Scania- Questions?

Has anyone driven the new scania ?
What are they like ?
Is the radio still ten feet above you in the headlining !

Our firms just got 8 of them, took one out yesterday for the first time. It could just be me but it seemed to wollow around a lot apart from that very nice to drive. No the radio as been moved into the dash now easy to reach. Today got the old 4series as none of the new ones had returned.

Haven’t had one myself, but a good friend of mine who owns/drives a Series 4 Topliner had on for a day whilst his was in for repairs last month…

…He was impressed, although his main complaints were 1) This particular demo-model had a “safe distance” sensor which you couldn’t temporarily disable to overtake, the result being that he had to pull out miles too early on duals/m’way, and couldn’t overtake at all on single carriageway roads; 2) The auto-gearbox wasn’t particularly well set-up…you could put it in semi-auto to make it “lug” properly for economic hill-climbing, but it would then (and I quote) “tell you to [zb] off and go back into auto”, losing momentum completely in th process; and 3) He likes his big bunk on the front wall - although he did lter find out that you can still spec them that way.

Other than that, not a bad drive at all - and an interesting comparison given that it was the week that I had the demo-Stralis…between us we decided that it really was down to personal taste as to which was the better motor, although mine had more whistles and bells!!! :sunglasses: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: