Scania P230

Got the chance to drive a Scania P230 18 tonner this week ( I’m the only one with a digital tacho card so no-one else could drive it ).

Nice truck but didn’t like the clutch system that only allows 800 revs while the clutch is in, found it a bit hairy pulling off at busy roundabouts.

Is it just me or are there others who don’t like the system.

Willy Gofar:
Got the chance to drive a Scania P230 18 tonner this week ( I’m the only one with a digital tacho card so no-one else could drive it ).

Nice truck but didn’t like the clutch system that only allows 800 revs while the clutch is in, found it a bit hairy pulling off at busy roundabouts.

Is it just me or are there others who don’t like the system.

800 revs? Eh? What do you mean? Are you sure you didn’t have the speed limiter set without realising? I drove one not so long back across the yard to park it up after being loaded and it revved fine. Sounds like there’s summat up with it.

No Rob, the nice man from Scania explained it all to me, it is supposed to decrease clutch wear but makes it difficult to get off from a standing start quickly.

Yeap they have a clutch saver device,

It can be turned off but only when the warranty is out !!!

It will let you rev it up but it limits the revs whilst you are slipping the clutch to pull off, once you are rolling and have released the clutch you can have the full beans then and i think it only works in the lower gears

Takes a little getting used to but it works well and does not really spoil the drive after a couple of days drining it you usually dont even notice it

Willy Gofar:
No Rob, the nice man from Scania explained it all to me, .

Thats were you made your 1st mistake, you should be more like Rob :wink:

I don’t need training on any gear box.

Sounds a bit like the rev limiter they have on Sprinters