Scania opticruise info required

Hi Guys, will be driving a scania with opticruise tomorrow, only driven manual box, any info much appreciated, its not fully auto believe it has a clutch pedal to be used for starting stopping, I think !!!

Yes, I think it is. Very anoying. You have to press the pedal and put gear on, then you drive like auto, then when you have to stop after two hours of driving, you are stopping, forgetting to press the cluth, as last two hours you have been driving it like an auto, PRFLFLLLFLF… engine stops, you start it, but half of dashboard displays some errors… I can’t really get an idea of this invention.

opticruise mate does have a clutch, the gears are on the right hand stalk of the steering column dip clutch, twist forward, let clutch out, soon as you moving it then becomes auto, come to a stop, dip clutch, reverse is twist back, same concept with clutch :smiley:

hi pal the opticruise box is easy not the best but u have for start stop and then the switch has reverse neutrel drive and h which is for uphill climbs lets the revs go higher before a gear change, and at the base off the steering wheel on the floor is a rubber button if u step on it on a down hill grade it drops two gears to aid the exhaust brake. hope it helps pal DONT FORGET THE CLUTCH AT JUNCTIONS. :laughing:

what reg wil the truck be ? our firm has got 3 55plates they r opticruise, u just press the clutch and turn the stalk, were the wipers would be to D an set of as normal then it wil change automatically, when coming to a halt clutch in to stop it from stalling, av not driven the opticrusie in manual mode sorry !

thanks guys, it all helps, not sure what reg is but pretty sure it wont be too old, its agency work for stobbies

its easy mate, as said, gears on right stick, put it in drive and clutch out away you go. when your coming to junctions at slow speed dip the clutch the same as normal nothink to it, reverse can be annoying you have to weight for the gear to engage it will warn you on display if you havent left clutch down long enough but dont worry its a good system i liked it full auto units have delay when pulling off with this you have full control because of the clutch i reckon it will take you a couple of minutes to get used to it.

well thanks for all the help guys, must say it sounds better than the merc system, hill start at 44 tonne was a nightmare, by the time it changed up the truck had stopped & start again, & had to dip clutch to make all changes. Thanks again for the info