Scania fuelling

Ok so just fuelled up me truck and the fuel gauge is saying I’m only just over half full. I only have one tank so is my fuel gauge buggered or is this sort of thing a common thing? Also the ■■■■ lock on the fuel cap is shagged too so gonna need a new cap, truck is only 7 months old so I wonder what the previous tenant did!

Have single tank on our g-cabs,fill them and I do find they don’t show full on gauge ,normally about a mark down,not had one showing 1/2 a tank when I’ve filled it though ,as for caps,don’t lock them ( well nobody seems too ) and never had any issues undoing them or doing them up

Simple test… How big is the tank in Litres … how many litres did you put in ?

Try switching it off and then switching it back on again.

Eric is right, had a similar problem on a new Corsa a few yrs ago. Known issue with the sensor in the rank communicating with the guage

Cheers all, I’m sure ill get by! As for the fuel cap ain’t gonna lock it, took me about 20 mins of fiddling and an angry que at the pump to get the key to unlock. Like folks tell me, if it’s locked and some wants your fuel then you will wake up with a hole in your tank. mind you, the misses old man told me he was once “gassed” as he slept and was robbed of fuel. The things people do for a theft eh!

cue the predictable gassing debate now…il away and put the kettle on, :smiley:

dieseldog999:
cue the predictable gassing debate now…il away and put the kettle on, :smiley:

I still have much to learn, being just a young whippersnapper to this big bad world!

Gassing is crap, the Royal College of Anaesthetists says so. I know the chap on the ship will disagree, but there you are.

Let’s say someone (the wife ) squirts a can of Easy Start in your face when your asleep in your bedroom. What will happen? You’ll wake up in a coughing fit with a horrible taste in your mouth. The concentration needed to put you under in a cab would require a huge drum or barrel - where are they gonna get a pressurised barrel or cylinder of ES from ■■?

Why don’t burglars use it in houses?

It’s tripe. :laughing: :wink:

started already■■?..that wasnt long was it…no it isnt crap.a cab or a campervan is a confined space and not a house…co2 isnt easystart.my view is that gassing happens…ive previous posts on the subject matter…but there you go…il away and get a packet of chokky bikkies now and come back for a peek in a wee while…ps if you fuelled up with the ignition on then its not aware youve done so,switch it off for a while and see of it works when you switch on again…but watchout where you park if your going for a kip especially abroad,gassing is a reguar occurence there in the wrong places… :smiley:

Well from what I heard, the naughty people shove something into the intake of your night heater which knocks you out. I’m sure there are folks on here who have had it happen to them ¿

my post is at the end of the link.i rest my case… :smiley:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=117152&start=30