scania 470

can anybody tell me whats wrong with 470 scania s ive been trying to sell this
lorry for about 3 months dealers start shaking when i tell them its 470 and put the phone down on me. anybody got any bad experiance with these trucks.

sorry Sammy, no idea about your Scania !!!

hopefully someone who knows will be along soon :laughing:

Are you asking a realistic price for it??

post or pm me the truck details. Friend of mine is in the market for a 420 470 scania

that 470 turbo compound engine doesnt really seem to have many fans

we first ran a 470 in 2002 and now all of our trucks are 470’s, they are excellent, the fuel consumption is above 10mpg every week from all of the trucks in fact we have tried several other scania models and nothing compares to the performance and economy the 470 offers.
we tried the 560 when it came out, the 480 which replaced the 470, a 500 and a 420 on an 08 plate and believe it or not the only thing which came close was the 560, it’s quite likely we will be running our 470’s for a while longer than the usual 2 years the oldest may even be replaced by the last of the 470’s to come off the production line just to give a little bit longer with what we have found to be the best all rounder engine scania have ever produced, fuel economy and power.
try selling it in commercial motor - the paddies love em to bits.

johnny:
we first ran a 470 in 2002 and now all of our trucks are 470’s, they are excellent, the fuel consumption is above 10mpg every week from all of the trucks in fact we have tried several other scania models and nothing compares to the performance and economy the 470 offers.
we tried the 560 when it came out, the 480 which replaced the 470, a 500 and a 420 on an 08 plate and believe it or not the only thing which came close was the 560, it’s quite likely we will be running our 470’s for a while longer than the usual 2 years the oldest may even be replaced by the last of the 470’s to come off the production line just to give a little bit longer with what we have found to be the best all rounder engine scania have ever produced, fuel economy and power.

the 480 that replaced the 470 is the same motor they did’nt call it a 480 when the 4 series was out because they already had the v8 480 so when they introduced the R series they did away with the v8 480 & brought out the 500 v8,you say you tried the 560 i did’nt know scania did a 560.

punchards of uttoxceter have 2 560 v8,s new last year and nick coleman of swadlincote has 1 from what i here there not to thirsty

Carl:
punchards of uttoxceter have 2 560 v8,s new last year and nick coleman of swadlincote has 1 from what i here there not to thirsty

yes yu right carl but i can’t see the sense in making a 560,580,620 surely just a 500 & 620 would do.

i think it might of had somthing to do with egr and the the adblue option.cuz you can now get an egr v8 whereas you couldnt before ive read somwhere i guess theyre testing differant engines altho i could be wrong and scania are on one big engine ego trip :laughing:

the 580 was replaced by the 620 and the 560 is the turbo-compound 500

johnny:

you mean the irish i think.
i never tolerated anyone calling the irish that name when i used to park in the usual french/italian watering holes
on another topic here,a certain guy was having a go at the english and was put down for it…and rightly so.
have a bit of respect.

greg50:

johnny:

i never tolerated anyone calling the irish that name when i used to park in the usual french/italian watering holes
on another topic here,a certain guy was having a go at the english and was put down for it…and rightly so.
have a bit of respect.

what a croc!
i’ve never met a paddy yet who dislikes being called a paddy, i know at least 2 irish lads whose first name is pat and they both prefer paddy to pat or patrick, i’m yet to meet an english man called beany if you know what i mean.

as for the original topic, the 480 is the 470 with the power output boosted using the computer chips, the 560 replaced the 580 which was no longer top of the tree because the 620 had toppled it from it’s perch making an even 60bhp difference between the 3 v8 engines.
the biggest difference we found with the 480 compared to the 470 was the overdrive facility on the gearbox which dropped the revs down to just above 1000rpm but this meant the truck struggled at a slight incline, an opticruise gearbox would have dropped a gear straight away but a manual drive required the driver to realise that a hill had been reached, sometimes a little too late to keep the speed up.
it doesn’t really matter what the reason was now but it wasn’t very fuel efficient and soon went back to be replaced by an older 470 that we still have and still returns over 10mpg most weeks .

johnny:

greg50:

johnny:

have a bit of respect.

what a croc!
i’ve never met a paddy yet who dislikes being called a paddy, i know at least 2 irish lads whose first name is pat and they both prefer paddy to pat or patrick, i’m yet to meet an english man called beany if you know what i mean.

i think youve just met one :stuck_out_tongue:

If you are refering to an individual who is called Patrick, you can call him Paddy as a short version of his name but most Irish don’t like the all encompasing “Paddies” description as it is usually meant in a negative way.

That’s my take on it anyway.

Patrick.

sammy dog:
can anybody tell me whats wrong with 470 scania s ive been trying to sell this
lorry for about 3 months dealers start shaking when i tell them its 470 and put the phone down on me. anybody got any bad experiance with these trucks.

What age is it? If its an early 470 (2001-02) i think you’ll find they were quite troublesome. Weak turbos i think. That would be why a dealer would shy away. I desperatly wanted one but a scania salesman talked me out of it, so i got a 420. A mate of mine has a 52 plate 470 and its been a pain in the R’s. Fantastic fuel returns though.

Silver_Surfer:
If you are refering to an individual who is called Patrick, you can call him Paddy as a short version of his name but most Irish don’t like the all encompasing “Paddies” description as it is usually meant in a negative way.

That’s my take on it anyway.

Patrick.

well said.
its ok if the persons name is parick or pat.
not every male in ireland was name patrick.
my name is not and i never stood for it in all the years i was on the continent.
most of the guys were all right,but you always met the one who all right pat.
the hair stood on the back of my neck.
i wont say anything more in case i incriminate myself.
its stereotype name,but very disrespectful