SCAMMED

This is about a scam that i fell for recently…As you may be aware i am selling my motorhome…so i advertised it on E.Bay…also on a site called Caravans for sale .com…and a free ad in the loot…over the internet…
Anyway its a bit slow in selling so i welcomed a phone call from a company saying they have a lot of buyers looking for my type of vehicle…and they also arrange finance…i had to pay them a fee of £79.99…but £70 would be refunded if the buyer took finance with this company…it seemed a good idea…so out came the trusty barclaycard…but not one phone call or buyer has contacted me…today …i received yet another phone call from a different company…offering the same services…which i declined…these companies must scour the advertisements looking for mugs like me…i have since contacted barclaycard who told me i have to bear the loss…as it is an immediate payment when giving the card number over the phone…so beware …i thought i was wise enough to know all the scams…and feel such a fool for being caught out like this…as they say…once bitten…twice shy…i wonder what you would have done?

I advertised my car on the net a couple of years ago.

I had about three of these compaies calling offering the same service.
I was lucky enough to decline.
I ended up getting the car sold in autotrader.

I’ve heard of this scam on numerous occasions. BTW ‘trusty Barclaycard’ is not an expression I would use having had a lot of problems with them recently :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Oldest trick in the book sorry trucky

these sort of companies were on watchdog years ago im afraid

simon

ive had arguements with these companies everytime they phone because what they are doing is cold calling which is illegal and everytime i put an ad in autotrader they are on the phone.

Have you got the company’s contact details?

If not, go on the Companies House web site and find the addresses of the directors (Will cost you £2.50)

Even if you don’t get your money back, you will be able to ring them in the middle of the night and annoy them! :wink:

I knew I had read about this Possible Scam somewhere :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

mirror.co.uk/news/mirrorinve … index.html

Barclaycard are taking up the case…and i`ve also written to the firm as well threatening them with the fact my family work for trading standards, and another for bt who recorded the original call…all lies but i may get my money back…i have threatened them with court action…as we say down here…you cant kid a kidder…well they did…and i feel a fool…but lesson learned…and thanks for your words of support.

Sorry to hear your news truckyboy
and I hope you get it sorted

watch dog had these muppets on about a week ago… :smiling_imp:

and people still fall for it

jon