sat nav.

Combination of sat nav, map and google street view, if its first time you go into a place, its cool to have a look up and down the street so you know which gate to use or to stop outside and having a word before driving into a place

Maps 90% of the time, but do use a sat nav if i’m royally ■■■■■■ and cant find the last couple of miles. I couldn’t personally rely on it all the time, could be taking me anywhere and i wouldn’t even know.

Sat Nav…no brainer!

i have a tom tom 550 live, and also the truckers map.
sat nav everytime, as said, with common sense

truckerspal:
Sat Nav…no brainer!

What happens when your sat nav breaks? Pretty zbed if you dont know how to use a map.

Maps for me :slight_smile:

tomtom truck and google maps for me.
i look for my drop on google maps, check if it would be a reverse in drop then set the tomtom to make sure i get to my drop on my goodside and not my blindside :wink: most drivers just look for a postcode stick it in and go. tomtom has plenty of features to help you, most drivers just dont know how to use them. I have used a map book twice in my 5 year career and only got in trouble once.and that was because network rail decided not to warn me of a low bridge until i was 1 ft in front of it :unamused:

Saaamon:

truckerspal:
Sat Nav…no brainer!

What happens when your sat nav breaks? Pretty zbed if you dont know how to use a map.

You use your spare one

sat nav + truck atlas for me ,all of my drops are regulars so don’t need to rely on it.
usefull to use as bluetooth hands free ,aslo i’ve set it to 53mph limited speed (tomtom 520) seems to give a sensible route out almost all the time

I used to take the ■■■■ out of drivers using sat navs, I had them down as amateurs, then I was bought one as a present about 3yrs ago, I wouldn,t be without it now, it,s made the job so much easier, I had a sports bag full of A to Zs never used them since (maybe no point most of them from the 80s anyway :unamused: :laughing: ) as long as you don,t blindly follow the instructions and use a bit of common sense they are great.

for the iphone users, garmin have just brought out the streetpilot app with the UK & ROI maps on it
http://www.garmin.com/uk/streetpilot#4
available through itunes
http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/garmin-uk-ireland/id439044354?mt=8&affId=1951657&ign-mpt=uo%3D4
Though I wish theyd bring out the europe/western europe version soon, and until then Ill stick with Navfree on the iphone as my backup to the TT GO 950 I use