Sandbach sevices parking....WARNING!

Hiya peeps…long time no see…hope everyone is well.
Just wanted to put this up on the board to warn any drivers about parking at Sandbach Services M6 South J.18/17. On Thursday night, my hubby and four other drivers had to park in the coach area which was completely empty because there was nowhere to park in the HGV area (something he has done for years when he has not been able to find a HGV space) and whilst away from their vehicles, all of them had their trucks wheel clamped and where made to pay £250 each to get their vehicles unclamped. The [zb] who clamped them all said the restrictions had only started on Monday and pointed to the VERY tiny little notice pasted to one of the fences so god knows how many other drivers got stung this week. Surely the drivers should have been approached by the clampers when they first parked up and asked to move their vehicles elsewhere with this being the first week of the parking restriction…they MUST have watched them all park up and waited till they all left their vehicles. Total [zb]…5 VERY angry truckers that day !! Would assume that the same thing will apply to the North bound side as well at that junction. BEWARE !!

If it needs stars to get past the auto censor that is the very obvious clue it’s not allowed

[zb]! Trucks have always used that part of the service area as an overflow. Not like you going to get a load of coaches coming in on a nighttime. :unamused:

To get onto the coach park at Sandbach you have to go through a barrier .Now I know sometimes lately its not been down all the time ,but it is used and I have seen HGVs pass the exit then reverse in.There are signs on the entrance and they are not that small.The fines have been in place for a couple of years but this is the first time I,ve heard of anyone being clamped.Coaches do call in at all times and Sandbach is used as a driver changover point for some tours.And passengers milling around all the common sense they have ,means that coach drivers have complained to Sandbach for ages and finally they have done something about it.Northbound through the day coaches struggle to find a spot for the trucks,caravans, and cars with trailers parked there.

They should have pm.d Limeyphil. He,d have been over there like a rocket, with his Bolt Croppers for the Clamps, and his Scaffolding Tube for the Clampers.
Thats what the zb,s need. (hows that JD ■■, I dunnit meself :laughing: :laughing: )

Anyone up for getting the van reg getting a couple of clamps and getting our own back?.

Wear black say nothing cover your number plate just clamp him then leave him preferably withn a cameraman filming it nearby.

LOL :slight_smile::slight_smile:

Anyone?.

Buycrider:
They should have pm.d Limeyphil. He,d have been over there like a rocket, with his Bolt Croppers for the Clamps, and his Scaffolding Tube for the Clampers.
Thats what the zb,s need. (hows that JD ■■, I dunnit meself :laughing: :laughing: )

quite right too. i hate truck clampers with a passion. the fact that they NEVER approach the driver speaks for itself :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

jammymutt:
Anyone up for getting the van reg getting a couple of clamps and getting our own back?.

Wear black say nothing cover your number plate just clamp him then leave him preferably with a cameraman filming it nearby.

LOL :slight_smile::slight_smile:

Anyone?.

come back from getting a cuppa and the clampers get clamped - that would be up there as one of the funniest things you’d ever see :laughing:

You could learn from us scots :smiling_imp: - banned clamping overnight in 1992, it was made an illegal practice as it was deemed to be extortion and theft. :smiley:

if it says coaches only it aint rocket science don,t park there doooooh!!! :imp: :imp: :imp: ps why park in an msa :question: :question: :question:

n17 trucker:
if it says coaches only it aint rocket science don,t park there doooooh!!! :imp: :imp: :imp: ps why park in an msa :question: :question: :question:

Ooh…Hope he’s got his tin hat ready… :stuck_out_tongue: