strensham services

have not been to strensham services for over a year now so went in today,although they seem to have done a good job regards parking I noticed its in favour of the coaches,they have a nice turning area to get into the bays[long and wide]but if you look at the hgv parking bays facing the coach park you have quite a job getting out if vehicles are parked beside you,i was watching today and one hgv narrowly missed a parked lorry on his nearside as he drove out,you have steel posts in front so if you misjudge you can do a fair bit of damage on said posts,there is so much room for the coaches that I reckon the posts could quite easily have been put a couple more feet towards the coach bays,what do others think, am I right or wrong in my opinion.

apologies,double post,bxxxxy submit button again

Since the alterations i only ever stop there for a 15 on a Sunday morn (cos Ross on Wye Greggs/Subway won’t be open early enough), any other day of the week and the chances of your motor getting scraped too much.

It wasn’t BROKE, so why did they fix it? :smiling_imp:

I was there today one of my favourite service stations… I’m driving a rigid at the moment so I couldn’t possibly comment all I know is that I get a good internet signal here [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Berty:
I was there today one of my favourite service stations… I’m driving a rigid at the moment so I couldn’t possibly comment all I know is that I get a good internet signal here [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

(Free wi fi on N.bound side.)
Southbound is a complete cluster ■■■■ of a shambles, designed by somebody who knows nothing about parking up trucks.

I wouldn’t go near the spaces facing the coach park, like you said there is not enough room in front to drive out due to the steel posts. I would rather drive past if know where else to stop and go down the slip road :imp:

Used to be my favourite southbound services but I only chance it now for a quick coffee it really is tight.

Lorries are allowed to park in the area on the left as you pull in ,its marked up for caravans, but less chance of damage .
Or if there is space, park facing the fuel station.
Won’t be long before they instal cctv barriers and alligator teeth to stop those nasty juggernauts parking in the coach park.
If the parking is full, you can exit both south and north Strensham using the lane over the motorway ,you come out by the air ambulance base.

If you’re heading into Wales the new services on the A40 at Raglan are now open. Quite good parking with Spar, Starbucks, Greggs and Subway. Spar and Subway open 24 hours too.

Southbound was always a shambles, never marked properly but usable, not been there in a year and a bit so I can’t comment really but a few have said Glous is much better any way.

The southbound side has always been Terible,I once pulled in there years ago in my new 04 plate scania and a foreign driver took the from corner off my drivers side,only had the truck about a week.

I use Vale cafe on the 46. Is this place any good?

williamgilder.co.uk/pages/CM … x?PageID=2

Gloucester services is a much better option (if you are going past) just watch yourself pulling out of the lorry park as you have the main traffic from the carpark coming up your blindside (this is southbound, north is a little better) Don’t forget to pick up a sausage roll while you are there!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Hoggydog:
Gloucester services is a much better option (if you are going past) just watch yourself pulling out of the lorry park as you have the main traffic from the carpark coming up your blindside (this is southbound, north is a little better) Don’t forget to pick up a sausage roll while you are there!

No you don’t. There’s ample room to get over to the right and turn the unit left at the junction so you can see. As for buying food - sod that - the prices are shocking. £3.50 for a sausage roll!

Gloucester have nice showers though, and they’re free.

Tris:

Hoggydog:

No you don’t. There’s ample room to get over to the right and turn the unit left at the junction so you can see. As for buying food - sod that - the prices are shocking. £3.50 for a sausage roll!

Bloody good sausage roll though!

The showers are immaculate, I like Gloucester it’s a refreshing change for a MSA.

A.

Tris:

Nice, stopped there Wednesday night. Good concrete ground, lovely clean cafe (didnt sample the food as i was sorted). Good clean showers and loos.
I was early but it did fill up quick. Parking for about 50 trucks (lots of their own motors parked up).
On Snap + Keyfuels and friendly staff.
Would reccommend and will stop there again. May have to prebook if late.

Dipper_Dave:

Tris:

Nice, stopped there Wednesday night. Good concrete ground, lovely clean cafe (didnt sample the food as i was sorted). Good clean showers and loos.
I was early but it did fill up quick. Parking for about 50 trucks (lots of their own motors parked up).
On Snap + Keyfuels and friendly staff.
Would reccommend and will stop there again. May have to prebook if late.

Cheers I’ll try it out.

Adonis.:

Tris:

Hoggydog:

Bloody good sausage roll though!

The showers are immaculate, I like Gloucester it’s a refreshing change for a MSA.

A.

Food is good mind all local it is owned by the same people that own Tebay

They also own J38 Truckstop. Not been there myself though so have no advice on it (plus it’s not really anywhere near strensham so is of little use to the OP)