The not so rare sight of the "I can't park so I'll just

Dump it anywhere",no not car drivers…HGV drivers at services,they are easily spotted as the park across the front of the parking bays and make it incredibly awkward or sometimes impossible for those that can park to get out of the bay’s,anyone who has visited Stafford North will know what I mean.
If you are incapable of parking probably best to find a lay-by somewhere rather than entering motorway services…just saying like.

That’s my moan of the day done…well I say that,it’s still early so it may not be the only one :smiley:

My Guess:
You got blocked in :exclamation:

My face was red on Monday… Called in at some services which were completely packed…never been there before. Saw a row of trucks with the backs facing me and another truck had parked across the back of half of them so I went behind him. I thought they were straight through single spaces but couldn’t see past the trucks to the ones in front!! Somehow got 45 in but had to move slightly one but tacho didn’t record it :stuck_out_tongue: it stayed counting break for some reason. In all honesty if someone needed to get out I would have moved properly and held my hand up…my screw up…

Immigrant:
My Guess:
You got blocked in :exclamation:

Not me but the guy 2 down from me did because someone had driven past 2 perfectly accessible bay and parked directly in front of him,but then of course due to the lemming syndrome another one comes in and thinks “oh look at him parked there,it must be ok to stop there” and parked behind numpty No 1 so not there is 2 of the non parkable blocking people in.

I do this. Its the middle of the night and all curtains are pulled on those I park in front of when I have to. Given I’m on a 45 and its around midnight the likelihood of someone wanting to set off is usually nil.

Couldn’t quite get back in my 4.5 last week so had to have a 30 minute break on Sandbach south after having a 15 on Weatherby.
The truck parking area is not too big to start off, but why was the coach park barriered off? Had a job to squeeze in behind a rigid who moved off after 20 minutes then an AA recovery truck backed in where he had been. It’s a good job the artic next to me moved out just on my 31 minutes so I was able to squeeze out. Shan’t be stopping there again in a rush!

It’s not just trucks that are basically ignorant. It’s endemic through society.
My bug bear is where there’s 3 free bar parking spaces the first car managers to park in such a way that only one more car will fit.
It’s called having no consideration for any one else.

Late back from Scotland Monday morning so I was tired and pulled in Wetherby services to get a quick coffee and stretch my “limp” legs. The lorry park was full but what really got me is a break down truck taking up a large bay and then another 2 bays with cars in! One had a camping trailing and the other was unpacking gear out of his car into the bay. So I ended up parking with half of my trailer sticking out :blush:

I was on 4.23 on South Mimms one Sunday, so I just parked across the front of a load of Waberers lads. They played holy hell, not because they wanted to go anywhere, but because I was blocking their satellite signals. So in my best pigeon Hungarian or whatever, I informed them that they had paid to park, not to get a TV signal. It’s about time that bloody company bought some land over here instead of monopolizing all the sodding services.

I’ll hold my hands up here. I usually only use services for 30 minutes, so don’t like taking up a bay for someone who needs it for the night.

Southwaite services northbound M6, it’s not uncommon to see half a dozen or more motors parked across the keep clear thru route cos they can’t park in the lanes.

I find Lymm truck stop can be bad for inconsiderate drivers parking across the back of parked trucks near the building because they are to lazy to walk further than they have to.
One night I parked up for a 45 break in one of the spaces directly in front of the building that I would have to reverse out.
After 45 minutes I came back to my truck to find a Irish truck (most of the bad parking seems to be Irish trucks that I have come across in here) parked across the back of me and blocking several trucks in.
I had a look for the driver in the cafe and was well over my break by now so I tried the door on the truck to find it was not locked.
By now I was rather ■■■■■■ off so I climbed in the truck let the hand brake off and let it roll down the park and dumped it in the middle of the road with all its lights on and left his doors open.
With a bit luck he might of got the message and parks with more consideration to over people.

nab:
I find Lymm truck stop can be bad for inconsiderate drivers parking across the back of parked trucks near the building because they are to lazy to walk further than they have to.
One night I parked up for a 45 break in one of the spaces directly in front of the building that I would have to reverse out.
After 45 minutes I came back to my truck to find a Irish truck (most of the bad parking seems to be Irish trucks that I have come across in here) parked across the back of me and blocking several trucks in.
I had a look for the driver in the cafe and was well over my break by now so I tried the door on the truck to find it was not locked.
By now I was rather ■■■■■■ off so I climbed in the truck let the hand brake off and let it roll down the park and dumped it in the middle of the road with all its lights on and left his doors open.
With a bit luck he might of got the message and parks with more consideration to over people.

Nice one. Ought to be more of it.

Yep in south mimms on Thursday night.

I find the spaces very tight at the best of times.

Then some idiots park behind the middle spaces and block 15 trucks in.

To me it’s pretty obvious if you park in front or block someone in your going have to move before your daily rest as the other guys will need out before you.

nab:

if you parked in front of the building, to reverse out :grimacing: YOU WERE PARKED IN THE SPACES RESERVED FOR COACHES! :sunglasses: daft as the Irish, so you are :laughing:

I hate the thought of blocking some one in. So I usually just put the hazards on and stop on the left lane of the motorway. It can be a bugger if they open up the hard shoulder on the m6 during peek times though. People don’t seem too pleased!

Michael Douglas:
I hate the thought of blocking some one in. So I usually just put the hazards on and stop on the left lane of the motorway. It can be a bugger if they open up the hard shoulder on the m6 during peek times though. People don’t seem too pleased!

So what’s wrong with the third lane then ? :wink:

PaulNowak:
I was on 4.23 on South Mimms one Sunday, so I just parked across the front of a load of Waberers lads. They played holy hell, not because they wanted to go anywhere, but because I was blocking their satellite signals. So in my best pigeon Hungarian or whatever, I informed them that they had paid to park, not to get a TV signal. It’s about time that bloody company bought some land over here instead of monopolizing all the sodding services.

Had those warberers drivers actually paid for parking though?,it would be a surprise and a first if they had
Also the number of foreign registered lorries on our roads every day is one of the main reasons why there isn’t enough parking places available,

tommy t:

PaulNowak:

Had those warberers drivers actually paid for parking though?,it would be a surprise and a first if they had
Also the number of foreign registered lorries on our roads every day is one of the main reasons why there isn’t enough parking places available,

I’ve no idea if they pay or not. But it boils my urine as to how much space they take up on our services. I knew they’d be there for the weekend, and in the rare event that one of them had needed to get out, I could have shifted far enough (if asked nicely) out of their way and managed to whack it back on break.

Was parked next to one on Burtonwood last night, and about 10 seconds before I was about to do my walk round, he opened his window and emptied his urine bottle. Seriously, 10 seconds later and I’d have been wearing it, he didn’t even look as he did it. If one drop had landed on me, my all purpose metal persuasion bar in my side locker would have been out and he’d have been wearing his drivers window as a minimum!

It must take less than a minute to walk to the fuel station there, maybe 2 to get to the main services. Just filthy.

I think I mentioned in another thread about having to spend a night on Lymm a month or so ago. Was rivers of it pretty much between every truck. I must have looked like some bent ballet dancer trying to clear them in my attempt to do what obviously most of them hadn’t bothered with and USE THE TOILET

“Bent ballet dancer” dunno why but the mental image that conjured up made me giggle like a schoolgirl. :smiley: :smiley: