Run bent or keep job

MR VAIN:
RUN BENT!

I think not. Yr takin innocent lives in yr own hands.

MR VAIN:
Thanks Willie! I get your point. I’m tired mate, all this running bent for a Quid a mile.

Now i dont want to ■■■■ on the MR VAIN is the best campaign but do as i say not as i do springs to mind!!! Lets be honest 99% on here have done and still do but they wont admit it.

limeyphil:

ROG:

Backing onto a site for the 0800 load when you’ve not quite had nine hours off.
Not taking a break when you should, So the load is on time due to the ferry being late.

Would both show up on the tacho? if yes, then that is super dodgy IMO.

No, not if you’ve got the wire on.

if its a scania r series pull plug out back of tacho head or plug behind battery box an jobs a good un. loose your low range an comes up as gearbox malfunction, better with a magnet if you fully freighted. come on, slate me

Bit slow on the magnet side there Tony :smiley:

scottishcruiser:

paul@midway:
Yep and digi trucks record driving without card as well.

Not if you stick the magnet on :wink: But in this day & age I dont think its worth it as thees too much authority presence on the road with Vosa & Police.

You can always try out running them. :wink:

TONY530I:

MR VAIN:
RUN BENT!

MR VAIN:
Thanks Willie! I get your point. I’m tired mate, all this running bent for a Quid a mile.

Now i dont want to ■■■■ on the MR VAIN is the best campaign but do as i say not as i do springs to mind!!! Lets be honest 99% on here have done and still do but they wont admit it.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Obviously you realise my comment to Willi mac was a sarcastic comment? Mr Vain is the best campaign? WTF?

Do you really want to know the full extent of my bent running? I could tell you, but in reality you wouldn’t believe me so what would be the point? Either way, i see no reason to run bent for financial gain or to pull a business out of the mire. If you’d like to start another post about Mr.Vains bad repute, then be my guest. I’m not perfect, not even close. But then i never said i was.

Dont think you’ll get far from tehre high spec vehicles Phil :laughing:

MR VAIN:

TONY530I:

MR VAIN:
RUN BENT!

MR VAIN:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Obviously you realise my comment to Willi mac was a sarcastic comment? Mr Vain is the best campaign? WTF?

Do you really want to know the full extent of my bent running? I could tell you, but in reality you wouldn’t believe me so what would be the point? Either way, i see no reason to run bent for financial gain or to pull a business out of the mire. If you’d like to start another post about Mr.Vains bad repute, then be my guest. I’m not perfect, not even close. But then i never said i was.

i’m not starting nothing just stating that this site is full of keyboard warriors to dribble from there ■■■■!

limeyphil:
Things are in a bad way in the haulage industry as we are all very aware.
However from time to time a big job comes in and as the boss has had no choice but to lay drivers off when things were quiet he is now stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Do the drivers run a little bent to keep the customer happy, As this may get us some more work?
Or do the drivers do the job 100% legal and have no job in a few weeks?
A dodgy boss may ask you to run bent one week to keep you in a job, then sack you the next week for running bent as its gone quiet again.
There is no way that an agency driver could be used due to lack of training and experience in the type of work.

These are desperate times what do you do?

if it keeps your firm going , go for it , a few hours are not going to make a difference

running bent used to pretty much be the norm for a company i worked for, and yes I earned decent wedge from my mis demeanours, but that was many years ago when the truck could do 75mph easy.

If I was asked to go even slightly outside the law now, the answer would be without doubt a great big NO.

Been there done that and paid a hefty fine many years back.
Its simply not worth it in the long term.

TONY530I:

MR VAIN:

TONY530I:

MR VAIN:
RUN BENT!

MR VAIN:

i’m not starting nothing just stating that this site is full of keyboard warriors to dribble from there ■■■■!

Well yr obviously qualified to judge. Now run along and annoy someone else.

I wouldn’t run bent especially these days, it’s far to easy to get caught with digi cards and modern electronics on trucks and the TC do seem to come down hard on drivers and operators who blantently ignore the regs.

But I can also understand the temptation if jobs are in short supply and you want to stay put as it’s the best job about. They’re under pressure to stay in business and you get put under pressure to “help out”. But do it once and where does it stop?

Back on the original question -

I would think that not conforming to the WTD but being OK with the tacho regs is likely to result in a slap on the wrist but I don’t think that I would go any further than that.

limeyphil:
However from time to time a big job comes in and as the boss has had no choice but to lay drivers off when things were quiet he is now stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Do the drivers run a little bent to keep the customer happy, As this may get us some more work?
Or do the drivers do the job 100% legal and have no job in a few weeks?
A dodgy boss may ask you to run bent one week to keep you in a job, then sack you the next week for running bent as its gone quiet again.
There is no way that an agency driver could be used due to lack of training and experience in the type of work.

These are desperate times what do you do?

As a driver it your licence and if you want to lose it that’s your choice, you will never get the boss to admit that there ask you to run bent there would sooner sack you for doing it, also there would have you over a barrel as there may report you for runing bent to keep there repute there the ones that will make the most out of you runing bent if you do it

at the end of the day it is your choice to run bent

With regard to O/D,s if there do it to that is there choice as well but can’t see them all doing it as what would be the point of buying the truck looking after it makeing a living for there familys. does not make sence to through that away

There will some to the rule but thats life no one perfecet

del

if backing on abay personally i dont have a problem with this a long as you are either on the premisies or outside the gate. it happen for years anyway and is common practise anyway in this industry. as for pinching an hour or two then i wouldnt do this personally. not that i would show on the tacho head or card if im reading this correctly

let the flaming comence

Even nowadays in RDC’s or on bays VOSA are about. Up at Tesco & Aldi Livingston Vosa regularly visit these premises and check cards etc…

alix776:
if backing on abay personally i dont have a problem with this a long as you are either on the premisies or outside the gate. it happen for years anyway and is common practise anyway in this industry. as for pinching an hour or two then i wouldnt do this personally. not that i would show on the tacho head or card if im reading this correctly

ive no problem with tipping and loading of the card … im not going to play holyer than thou and wouldnt hesitate to park outside a premises in the morning pull in get loaded/tipped then about to leave put the days card in if i was going to get paid for it.

i wouldnt pull the fuse not that i know what fuse it is.

i wouldnt bother with winding the clock back and forth.

but as phil says the boss wants you to do it one week then the next gives you a bollocking for doing the same thing.

If its pinching an hr or 2 why dont he justy get a jump jocky to meet the driver and bring it back saves your licence and the job means the jobs done and if the work get you more work job done but even if you break the regs you still aint sure of picking up other work.
On the other side of the coin your gonna break the regs and keep breaking them for how long just to keep the job ■■?

NO WAY keep it legal

limeyphil:

Surely this is the worst time to run bent, company has had to lay off drivers then finds it needs some drivers to some run bent to complete the runs, so ex employees get ■■■■■■ off call up VOSA.

I am sure a lot of people in the past have driven to a place, its their last drop and pulled the card because they are parking up there or outside. Or others have got to a place taken their break say 11 hours and driven in off the card got loaded after 10 hours ready to go after 11 hours off the card.

I doubt anyone here still does that, and if they did i doubt they would post it in the PUBLIC DOMAIN espec since what will happen if you get caught doing it.

I think in someways you are living in the past, should have bee born 20 years before you were so could have run the way you want, things have changed i aint saying i agree with the way they have changed but we are where we are.

No i wouldnt run bent these days, maybe in the short term it may seem worth it, but in the long term it isnt.

VOSA and the police are like vultures they dont give a toss if its keeping your company a float, there is no discression, its all black and white to most of them.

They aint stupid i dont work outta Cairnryan anymore but last time i ran outta there and the boat was late shock horror i get pulled over on the A75, getting my dashboard taken apart and electricts looked into for wires and switches.

They know with things getting tougher is more need for some to do as much work as they can and run bent.

As i said in the short term maybe seem worth it but in the long term its not if it later involves a court appearance, large fine and poss loss of licence, thats the way i see it these days.

last time i got tugged on A75 they had a sawyers subby pulled in and they were in back of dash, tacho head out etc, full on in the guts of this guys 580.

Not worth it esp these days i was goin up the M53 about 21.00 hrs last nite on the limiter (53mph) when an irish tipper passed me like i was stood still ! :imp: ! but what he hadnt seen was mr VORSA man sat on the junc he soon saw him when mr VORSA pulled him into the local testin station!!! and he was still there when i passed again at 03.00!!!