runing bent

ive been a HGV1 driver for 30 years and done my bit in the bad old days of pulling a fuse to get a job done but since being made redundant in december 2008 ive so far been told by one well known north east bulk company no where in the uk requires a night out,use a truck one week with a digi card then another with a tacho,ive never worked less than 80 hours a week,my card is whiped clean every fortnight by a special reader,all this for £400 take home,i would talk to the other drivers but they dont speak alot of english!!!.why do i do it?to pay my bills its better than £60 jobseekers,call me a cowboy but this is one of the better jobs ive had in the last 12mths,dont worry about the eastern block trucks runing bent in the UK theres plenty of UK registered trucks doing it every day,am i bitter YES i am,its got worse in the last 10years,but as you read this after having your licence for 10minuets working your daily shift for the supermarkets and never speed Beware it could be you next!!!

What a clown.

:unamused: :unamused:

(There’s nothing more to add to that)

never done it yourself then?

ANDY1961:
What a clown.

:unamused: :unamused:

(There’s nothing more to add to that)

Nice one, sounds like you’ve landed on your feet there after some hard times.

Just one question.

strongbowpeter:
…use a truck one week with a digi card then another with a tacho,ive never worked less than 80 hours a week,my card is whiped clean every fortnight by a special reader…

How do you wipe the charts for the weeks you don’t drive digi? :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Done similar in regard to hours worked back in the late 80s and early 90s
Drive on tacho and when driving for day finished then go onto seperate time sheet for warehouse work
Sometimes too late to bother going home so fish & chip supper (bought by boss) and then kip in truck overnight inside the warehouse !!

If I had to do it now, would I? - nope - too many rules and much more chance of getting caught - not worth the risk.

Some might say that it would be yes to pay bills BUT you only have to get caught once and that’s it - a big possiblilty of not paying bills for quite some time…

Also if any other driver gets caught then Vosa will rip the company to shreds and go through everything and you WILL get caught

cough up who posted this ■■■■■■■■■■? :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Read some ■■■■■ on this forum lol… That many myths about a digi card its unreal… Did ye ever stik it in the bank machine and it spat out £50 notes? :smiley:

if you think ime the only truck runing bent think again,travel the highways and byeways at 56mph and watch them come past,typical uk truckers though lets denigh its going on and blame the eastern block,shame on you who think your perfect and wont admit to pulling a few strokes,wether its puting it on break when tiping,its still illegal so dont think your any better than the driver next to you,

SuperSmiley:
cough up who posted this [zb]■■? :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

so what happens when vosa read the tacho head in the truck it will have your details in it wont it?
hope its a nice truck you get for all that crap your doing :laughing: :unamused:

A bit off topic:
I was watching a program on German television where the
Police and the BAG along with visitors from Italian enforcement
(police) were in attendance , they stopped and were controling
mainly Italians and other non German vehicles at this check point
AS luck would have it they caught a Italian Truck driver whose
main board computer for the Digi tacho had been got at
the problem was the germans inspecting the vehicle were
so good that they found a problem and sent the vehicle away to get
checked out by a civilian expert for digi tachos, end result complete
renewal of the digi tacho system and also the driver and owner
would be getting a summons to appear before a court in germany
WHICH MEANS if found guilty a criminal record along with the
result given by the court Fine,or jail sentence , plus the owner of
the truck will be investigated by the Italian office as well.,

fozzie:
so what happens when vosa read the tacho head in the truck it will have your details in it wont it?

Yep, that’s just another big old hole in the bullcrap. It’s amazing how many drivers tell you of these weird and wonderful ways of magically removing the data from their cards and forget it’s all in the tacho head and will be for at least a year. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Someone recently told me about putting their card in the microwave which removed all the data, I asked them if it wasn’t a bit awkward putting the tacho unit in the microwave to remove the data from it as well. He didn’t have an answer. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

used to do similar in early 90s young and foolish… would i do it now ? no way.
think your license your lively hood your loss

strongbowpeter:
ive been a HGV1 driver for 30 years and done my bit in the bad old days of pulling a fuse to get a job done but since being made redundant in december 2008 ive so far been told by one well known north east bulk company no where in the uk requires a night out,use a truck one week with a digi card then another with a tacho,ive never worked less than 80 hours a week,my card is whiped clean every fortnight by a special reader,all this for £400 take home,i would talk to the other drivers but they dont speak alot of english!!!.why do i do it?to pay my bills its better than £60 jobseekers,call me a cowboy but this is one of the better jobs ive had in the last 12mths,dont worry about the eastern block trucks runing bent in the UK theres plenty of UK registered trucks doing it every day,am i bitter YES i am,its got worse in the last 10years,but as you read this after having your licence for 10minuets working your daily shift for the supermarkets and never speed Beware it could be you next!!!

If you’re working 80hrs plus every week and only taking home £400, then that would mean you’re taking home less than £5 per hour. Sounds too good to be true. Where do i sign up?

Another load of BULL :unamused:

strongbowpeter:

i aint no angel, i’v been there and done it and got caught for it and had the pleasure of standing in front of the then scottish traffic commishener micheal betts (it wasnt very pleasnt i can assure you) who took my vocational licence for 2 weeks, i have no intentions of doing a repeat visit but am sure that at some point in the future you will have the pleasure of seeing your traffic commishener, o and btw you might not beaware of this but if you are caught and convicted you might have to spend some time at her majestys pleasure as they are now jailing tacho fraudsters.

is it april the 1st allready ?..time flies when your doing all those hours :unamused: :unamused:

if what you say is true then i would suspect that all the other obligations like maintance and the like have been throwin out the window too (which is usaly the case with firms that run bent), personelly i would rather claim the dole than drive for a outfit like your driving for.
an old gaffer once told me"you always know when someones running bent because they cant shut up about it" .

If you put your card in the HSBC cash machine and choose the phone top up it removes last months records