Rugby Truckstop

Stopped here this week for a brekky. Boy how the place has gone down the nick. All fridges have to be switched off, that puts an end to the who switched my fridge off argument !! Anyone taking up two parking spaces will have to pay two parking fee’s , i’m guessing thats a lot of guys paying £36 to stop overnight based on the parking antics i seen :smiley: Food is dire and the wait for it is long.Not as long as waiting for a shower at 6pm though . On the plus side you can fuel there. I had an interesting incident on my visit to the Khazi there. I was just going into a cubicle before my brekky as you do, when a voice came from the next cubicle…
“alright mate”
I thought he said “alright Mike” but it could of been “mate”. I answered…yeah, alright mate. I close the door and drop my kecks and he says
“what you up to?”
:confused: I’m off to Milton Keynes for a collection, you keeping busy yourself?
“yeah, do you want me to come round?”
No thanks mate, i’m off for my brekky now catch ya later.
Then he says…"sorry, i’ll ring you back in a minute, the guy in the next cubicle thinks i am talking to him "

I just got out of there pronto, validated my card in the machine and i was off !!! :smiley:

LMAO Nice one Mike. Not many would admit to that conversation!!! (What kind of nugget talks on the phone while in the crapper??)

MR VAIN:
LMAO Nice one Mike. Not many would admit to that conversation!!! (What kind of nugget talks on the phone while in the crapper??)

Probably the sad nugget that takes the works mobile into the cafe with them in the first place, with the bluetooth headset stuck to the side of their head.
And on that note, if they accept a work related call whilst on a 45, would they need to start their break again as it has been interupted by “other work”

ROTFLMAO!!! Great, thats so funny, the convo I mean. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

With regards to the standard, or should we say sub-standard food and service, hasn’t it been like that for oooooooooo about 3 years :question: :question: :question:

I stopped at South Mimms the other night to grab a shower and diesel up…the people behind the counter all wore masks :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:
£3.00 yes THREE POUNDS, 300 PENNIES!!! for a SHOWER, and they want ya keys too FFS!!! Now one thing I will say is they are clean and hot, you got room to move around in there BUT SERIOUSLY £3.00!!! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:
I asked the lady behind the counter if that included complimentery soap and shower gel, was met with a look of confusion…Never mind dear, I thought!

Mike-C:
Stopped here this week for a brekky. Boy how the place has gone down the nick. All fridges have to be switched off, that puts an end to the who switched my fridge off argument !! Anyone taking up two parking spaces will have to pay two parking fee’s , i’m guessing thats a lot of guys paying £36 to stop overnight based on the parking antics i seen :smiley:

It could be the end of Rugby anyway, especially if the fridges are banned from running their engines :laughing:

The bloke carrying UN 0144 or UN 3064 might argue he needs to leave his fridge running, as might the bloke with the Genetically Modified stuff.

It is a truck stop ffs, the trucks are refrigerated for a reason. Maybe they should allow fridges to park close to the building, especially with the first “Agent”

Joseph Rowntree made chocolate that probably needs to be kept at a reasonable temperature. He was also known for his social reform work.

Each generation has its hard-won victories: from the abolition of the slave trade, to the introduction of universal suffrage, to the elimination of the signs saying ‘no dogs, no Irish, no blacks’

no refrigerated trucks! :stuck_out_tongue: even if they are carrying chocolate.

Another good post from Mike C

last time i was here i sat for 40 mins waiting for my tea, asked the person at the till when it was going to appear as i had to be away in ten mins, all i got was a shrug of the shoulders n a mutterd i dont know, so i asked for my money back as i couldnt wait any longer to be told by the duty manager that they dont refunds on food that has been orderd and that it not there fault that i cant wait for it to be cooked, so i duly walked out promiseing i wouldnt be back n i have kept that promise now for 6 months :imp: :imp:

I wouldnt stop there if it was the last place on earth!
The wait for the food and shower i can tolerate but people talking on the phone whilst tipping the most important load of the day■■?
That time is sacred!

:laughing: :laughing:

PMSL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: …I’ve also had conversations with people walking around with bluetooth headsets on thinking they’re talking to me.(not in toilets though) :wink:

Rugby is a complete ■■■■■■■■■■ very very rarely park there…wished they’d shut that one instead of Wolverhampton which was 100 times better!!!

I have used this truckstop a few times for my 45 and compared to the likes of lymm I thought it was quite good :smiley:
Food came out quick although I was one of about 6 waiting and toilets were clean and ample space in lorry park. In fact I’ve only stopped in a few and penrith was the best but showers are grim. I’ve seen a lot worse then rugby, dundee for one was far worse!

OllieNotts:
I have used this truckstop a few times for my 45 and compared to the likes of lymm I thought it was quite good :smiley:
Food came out quick although I was one of about 6 waiting and toilets were clean and ample space in lorry park. In fact I’ve only stopped in a few and penrith was the best but showers are grim. I’ve seen a lot worse then rugby, dundee for one was far worse!

Dundee is definitely due for a major upgrade, but when it was built, purely as a truckstop, it was far superior to anything BP or Nightowl have ever offered in the UK