Carnforth Truck stop

It’s not very often these days that I stop at jct35 on the M6 but , Showers spotless, food superb, staff first class and a real Lancashire welcome. :smiley:

Looks like things have taken a turn for the better then Taskman.

The last time I was in there it was OK, but that was about all you could say about it. Nothing wrong with the place, but not anything to write home (or post) about.

Simon,
Let me compare Carnforth with Rugby truck stop, I stopped at Rugby on Wednesday night, two of the toilets had no bog paper and yes I know they do run out and also need a clean because we have some dirty gits in our job that leave the bowl like a splattered house wall management should know that we have a small majority of folk like that in our job plus it does not help having a blocked bowl, my point is Carnforth is clean and Rugby is a crap hole, Carnforth showers are clean and the showers at Aberdeen truck stop are a disgrace unless they have been bombed and rebuilt since I last braved having a shower in them, try eating what they call food on the motorway services I do have to stop on them sometimes its crap we all know it is, the food at Carnforth is excellent. All I can suggest is that anyone who runs a so called Truck stop goes along to Carnforth and see how a place should be run just my humble view. :slight_smile:

I agree Carnforth is certainly one of the better big truck parks could sort out their parking a bit better though it always seems a bit jumbled though definatly not as bad as Lymms parking , Now that is just mind boggling after 7pm

Taskman:
Simon,
Let me compare Carnforth with Rugby truck stop,

NNNnnnoooo, please don’t. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I agree with almost all of your points above really, especially in comparison to Rugby Night Owl. However, although in comparison to Rugby, the food may well be excellent, the last time I was there and on many previous visits the food wasn’t that good. Definitely not, as I said, worth writing home (or posting) about. It would appear from your post that the food has improved, not before time. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I dont mind Carnforth either, it compares favourably with the Stockyard. Except for the showers. It looks like someone has been washing pigs in there after about 4pm :open_mouth:

I wont use any of the BP truckstops now, if I have a choice. although we had to use Rugby when delivering wine to Exel at Daventry

Simon ,
Thanks for your comments but I always remember many years ago when I had to stop in transport digs up in Huddersfield which at that time were in the ‘Red book’ if you know what I’m talking about, and this little Scoucer said at brekkie ’ Good scoff whack’ and that was looking at two wet eggs :laughing:

On the subject of truckstops, tebay really does take some beating now that the showers and washrooms have been refurbished. Also the food is spot on,plenty of choice and fresh.