Rugby Truckstop Whatling st A5 by Rugby

Hiya fellas
On thursday 30/07/2009 yours truly paid this establishment a little visit. To be entirely honest I was delivering into the A5 Europarc I found out had a no right turn order on it so I went in to (A) turn around & (B) thought I might as well have a bite.
The first thing I as a bit miffed about was the overnight parking charge of £18.50!yes thats right £18.50 ,oh & all the warnings about failure to pay etc. Now to my knowledge most places allow & that includes the greedy motorway service areas 2hrs free parking & whats all this 'you have to put your ticket into the machine in the building to exit the premises! strange iv’e used the fleece at Carlisle for years & you don’t have to do that there.Then there was a few more threats take two spaces you will pay double,drop your trailer we will clamp it & you will have to pay a release fee, changeover charges etc all in all from driving into the place to parking up all I could see was notices threatening something! Then at last on the way in to the 'amenities building a sign proclaiming WELCOME TO RUGBY! thought I must be seeing things! that was soon put into perspective with the threat at the ticket machine of look after your ticket if you lose it you will pay twice! charming!
Do these places see us as potential thieves out to rip them off or something? what is it with lorry drivers? are we such low life a place that is supposed to be there as a service to us see’s us as potential thieves or undesirables,when I go shopping to Asda or wherever (other supermarkets are available!) I’m not treated by staff as a potential thief or if I go to the pub for a bar lunch they seem glad of my custom & don’t see the need to have signs threatening stuff.
Well I don’t know about you guys but I don’t like this attitude towards our profession at all so I won’t be using the place in question again,I was so put off with all the threats I didnt even look at there overpriced menu I thought I’ll go somewhere where im seen as a customer & not a piece of sh*t
regards gentlemen ps how much do these places demanding £20 a night to park think we get paid? certainly not enough to justify that prices.

Before I get sued for libel I should point out Rugby Truckstop does give 1.5hrs free parking
THANK YOU

These places are just out to rip you off mate. Everywhere you go somebody wants money off you for something or other. I wont park on them unless I absolutely have to.
By the way, If its a private parking parking company doing the charging, then dont pay it. Most of them only act as agents for whoever owns the land, so they have no right to charge you for anything. And they can only clamp a vehicle if they have got signs up telling you they do clamping. No signs, then the clamping is illegal. Robbing ba****ds, all of them.

To be fair, Rugby is probably one of the better stops in the Midlands, ok probably one of the only ones too. But it beats Carlisle into a cocked hat. It is that bad there that the ■■■■■■■ the bar orders takeaway because the food is so crap.

The biggest problem with Rugby is that it seems to attract lots of disabled drivers, they all park around the entrance as they do not have legs :laughing: Oh and the regulars who seem able to be able to take a space each for the unit while dropping the trailer in another bay

Wheel Nut:
To be fair, Rugby is probably one of the better stops in the Midlands, ok probably one of the only ones too. But it beats Carlisle into a cocked hat. It is that bad there that the ■■■■■■■ the bar orders takeaway because the food is so crap.

The biggest problem with Rugby is that it seems to attract lots of disabled drivers, they all park around the entrance as they do not have legs :laughing: Oh and the regulars who seem able to be able to take a space each for the unit while dropping the trailer in another bay

Yes it is one of the better ones.
I would rather take a chance at a Wrexham chippy than Carlisles food, Penrith was always spot on though.
Instead of Rugby I use the Halfway House at least the food is fresh.

Ben9:

Wheel Nut:

Yes it is one of the better ones.
I would rather take a chance at a Wrexham chippy than Carlisles food, Penrith was always spot on though.
Instead of Rugby I use the Halfway House at least the food is fresh.

The food was fresh in the Wrexham chippy too. I saw it on TV, it was crawling :laughing:

ben youll stuggle to use the halfway house its closed and has been for some time by the loos of thing

It’s been closed for some months now.

I have used Rugby a few times,the most recently was Friday 31st July,and have had no problems with it.

Ken.