Rock & Roll Trucking?

Anyone out there know much about the trucking companys that do the rock & roll gig circuit, ie Stagetruck, Edwin Shirley, Transam, Redburns??

Just trying to find out what moneys & conditions are like before making enquiries to them, know theres a couple of guys on this forum who work this circuit :wink:

Try sending a PM to kindle530 or euromat, they are two of the guys on here who are on the R&R trucking side, you may have to wait for a reply though cos they are both away…alot!!! :laughing:

Have a read of this if you havent already…

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=35270

Good luck. :wink:

you have to be prepared to be away for long stretches at a time, personally since early april i have had about 2 weeks back at home, i finish my current tour sunday evening, and will be off again wednesday until about the 20th of september, one driver who doesnt work for us anymore was away for 10 months!!! its easiest to get a start in the summer as thats the busiest period, but when it peters out the pecking order comes into play, but with perseverance and asome good words from lead drivers etc should put you in a good position for getting more work. one way into the industry is through double manning, there is an agent who sorts most of it out, its not a bad life, hotels and no responsibility driving (not allowed to fuel up, load etc)

Fieldings are near you in Chelmsford,they do a bit of rock and roll,plus a lot of conference work…(conference=similar money/better hotels/less noise!..LOL!!!)

Thanks for the replies, i’ll defo look into it :wink:

What band are you doing at the moment Mat ?

Blissy:
What band are you doing at the moment Mat ?

kasabian, last show is tonight here in inverary then tip off and home sunday

grow a 70s pony tail buy wrap around sunglasses and keep saying klusterfuck in your interview youll do sound :laughing:

We sub for EST and have two drivers on Madonna at the moment :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

It’s pretty much the same as euromat says. It’s hard slog but can be a good craic. I don’t personally tour as it’s not my thing though.

Harry Monk:
We sub for EST and have two drivers on Madonna at the moment :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

No wonder there are rumours about her marriage problems!!! :open_mouth:

A woman in our quiz team does double manning can’t remember who for though, and my mate Wes does it for a firm in Sarf London drives a DAF dunno who they are mind. I will endevour to find out.

Back in the 80’s, in the dole que, guy infront has the tour jacket on, pony tail, gets called up to the window,
“Name”, "Dave Diamond "he replies,
“Occupation”, “Rock Band Roadie” he says,
“Dependants”, at this point he leans forward, taps the window with his index finger and said, " one-two, one two,!!!

chorcheela:

Harry Monk:

No wonder there are rumours about her marriage problems!!! :open_mouth:

fpmsl :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dieseldog6:
A woman in our quiz team does double manning can’t remember who for though, and my mate Wes does it for a firm in Sarf London drives a DAF dunno who they are mind. I will endevour to find out.

Back in the 80’s, in the dole que, guy infront has the tour jacket on, pony tail, gets called up to the window,
“Dependants”, at this point he leans forward, taps the window with his index finger and said, " one-two, one two,!!!

Brilliant :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

PMSL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dieseldog6:

Ive just got back from a little job, 9 days, George Michael, Earls Court to Copenhagen, including 3 days off, 8 TransAm, 3 Shirleys, 3 or 4 Fieldings, 1 A and J, Im sure one of those drivers was called Wes.
As has been said, its a great craic, sometimes very easy, sometimes very hard, but 9 times out of 10 you get fed and watered 3 times a day for free, there are cash perks to be had as well, as Mat said, try the agency first to get a feel of the job.
Since June this year ive been to Istanbul Athens Sweden Finland Norway Bulgaria Romania Albania Portugal and and everywhere inbetween, all over really! Its a great job and the money is good, definatly the best job ive had.

I’ve just spoke to Wes, yes he was on the George Micheal tour, drives for SVL if that’s any help Kindle 530.

Yep, hes got a white colour coded motor waiting to be painted, ex Frans Maas i think he said it was.

Wes has the Scannie Kindle! Barry (with the specs) has the Daf! :laughing:

kindle530:
Yep, hes got a white colour coded motor waiting to be painted, ex Frans Maas i think he said it was.

If the reg is FHO thats the one SVL bought off me,complete with a plain white Montracon megacube.I had the unit all colour coded,before that it looked very plain jane.Glad it’s doing sterling service.I’ve still got FHM and FHN,Stagetruck have at least one of the same series,and I think Redburns have got a couple but with percy plates.They all came off Frans Maas,sold through Hanbury Riverside,as far as I know.

jacko22:
Wes has the Scannie Kindle! Barry (with the specs) has the Daf! :laughing:

And if thats a 470 lowride on a 51 plate I think I sold them that one as well!!!