Rock 'n Roll

I heard today that Edwin Shirley Trucking are busy this year and will be taking on drivers for the season around Easter if anyone’s interested. Madonna, Tina Turner and Led Zep are out this year as well as everybody else, now that free downloads have killed off the record industry :wink:

I don’t do the tours myself cos I’m too old but we do a fair bit for EST and ESS and they are as decent a bunch of people as you could want to meet.

You would definitely have to be “into it”, rather than just looking for work, but for the right person it’s a fantastic experience.

tina is already out harry, its one of our jobs, and probably the easiest one in the world!! 3 or 4 days everywhere, i think they have already done the only overnighter which was antwerp to koln!! my mate bounced solo back from koln to the yard :open_mouth: offhire, goes back soon!

I never remember stuff properly, it’s all the drugs you know :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Harry Monk:
I never remember stuff properly, it’s all the drugs you know :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

i know the feeling…!

we will have a lot of shirleys on our tours so i hear now they have buried the hatchet and will work together

Harry Monk:

:laughing: ,old ■■■■■!

I do the Royal Airforce Band now and again, not really Rock and Roll but its fun,
they carn`t half drink when they get the chance.

I think I would love to do this, been reading mat and kindles diarys for a while now and looks fantastic. I don’t have a job currently and no real ties that would stop me going away. But not done any kind of tramping before so dunno how I would feel being away for months. :stuck_out_tongue:

But you never get anywhere without trying do you, I’m just trying to pluck up the courage to give transam a call.

Lycanthrope:
I think I would love to do this, been reading mat and kindles diarys for a while now and looks fantastic. I don’t have a job currently and no real ties that would stop me going away. But not done any kind of tramping before so dunno how I would feel being away for months. :stuck_out_tongue:

But you never get anywhere without trying do you, I’m just trying to pluck up the courage to give transam a call.

just ask yourself what do you want to come home for, to be honest no matter how long im away for im back before i know it and itching to get back out again, maybe its personal choice, i dont have any real ties (except an ill mother) so i just want to be out in mainland russia, or further beyond

well I don’t have anything to come back for lol. Why didn’t I think of that before. I shall be calling Transam monday morning and saying “Matt said I could have a job”

as far as I know, rock and roll ain’t noise pollution…

Lycanthrope:
and saying “Matt said I could have a job”

dont say that, they wont believe it!!

interrrrrrrrrresting :sunglasses:

redburns

edwin shirleys now you lot

whats the best approach cv or ring up ■■?

as I’ve never done tramping, I wouldn’t have a clue how much stuff to take with me and what I would need. and how I would live for months at a time :stuck_out_tongue:

easily! take loads of kit weith you and tyou’ll be fine

gonzothejaffa1:
interrrrrrrrrresting :sunglasses:

redburns

edwin shirleys now you lot

whats the best approach cv or ring up ■■?

phone for whats its worth i guess, redburns are small, and dont have vacancies much, our lot take on over the summer, but dont instantly expect to get work all year round, there is a large queue, shirleys seem to be getting bigger again, although they dont seem as big as they were and have a lot of subbys, as for the others, im not leaving comments

Harry Monk:
I heard today that Edwin Shirley Trucking are busy this year and will be taking on drivers for the season around Easter if anyone’s interested. Madonna, Tina Turner and Led Zep are out this year as well as everybody else, now that free downloads have killed off the record industry :wink:

I think is EXACTLY becouse of that. They have no income from any records sold, so they have to play concerts…

orys:

Harry Monk:

I think is EXACTLY becouse of that. They have no income from any records sold, so they have to play concerts…

god bless piracy orys, it kees me in employment!

euromat:

“goes to download another album”

Matt I saw 3 of yours on the way out on the 143 towards Bury S.E.on Friday morning…all going to somewhere exotic i expect :laughing: :laughing:

I gave them all a wave but didnt get any response so dont suppose you were one of them

euromat:

You’d like my PC then…