Road angel-speed camera detector

do any of you guys/gals have these in your cabs,if so are they any good?

do any of you guys/gals have these in your cabs,if so are they any good?

I have used one in the past and its as accurate as my tomtom so i would reccomend.

i have this on my syrius satnav excellent and free updates whenever you feel like it. :smiley:

I always ask why someone would want one?

The only reason that I’ve come up with is that they intend to speed and want to know where the cameras are so they don’t get caught.

But that is just my reasoning - perhaps there are others…

ROG:

The only reason that I’ve come up with is that they intend to speed and want to know where the cameras are so they don’t get caught.

no we want to know where the accident blackspots are so we drive more carefully. :wink:

i don,t use mine for speeding just for a little reminder if i am drifting over the limit,possibly looking for an address,every little helps. :open_mouth:

theres a BIG difference in intending to speed and being unfortunate enough to be caught speeding by a momentary lapse of concentration.this could mean only straying over the speed limit for a very short period of time and the difference in 3 points or not…you can have the road angel set to schools aswell as accident blackspots so any warning of potential dangers ahead should surely be agood thing,not only does it save points on your licence it potentially save lives,like anything, used in the right way and common sense applied in my opinion is a good thing

Got one in the car , but never used it in the truck ,
good thing , never let me down but be warned needs a yearly subscription

ROG:

Rather a sweeping statement that Rog.
For those of us that do the milege and on roads that we are unfamiliar with,it’s all too easy to get caught out.
As clarkyboy says:

“theres a BIG difference in intending to speed and being unfortunate enough to be caught speeding by a momentary lapse of concentration.this could mean only straying over the speed limit for a very short period of time and the difference in 3 points or not…you can have the road angel set to schools aswell as accident blackspots so any warning of potential dangers ahead should surely be agood thing,not only does it save points on your licence it potentially save lives,like anything, used in the right way and common sense applied in my opinion is a good thing”

I suspect this goes for most of us,when we leave home in the morning,we don’t go out intent on picking up a fine and points,and I reckon all of us that have points,but we are all born with only one pair of eyes,and while we can multitask,checking your speedo,looking for a location or checking roadsigns can only be done one at a time,and it’s sods law that while doing one,if only for a second,that’s the time you get the flash.
It can’t really be called lack of concentration,just concentrating on the wrong thing at the wrong time.

bestbooties:

ROG:

Rather a sweeping statement that Rog…

I agree - it is…

I can only go by my own experiences on this.

I used to do about 80K miles a year for a few years (not a lot compared to some) and never bothered about speed cameras cos I didn’t speed - yes, I occasionaly went a couple of mph over but corrected immediately - nothing that would be deemed as ‘speeding’.

As our advanced driving examiner would say - “there is speeding and there is speeding”

bestbooties:
‘…just concentrating on the wrong thing at the wrong time…’

Multitasking has always been the norm - though my acting upon white roadsigns (especially the circular ones edged in red with a big, black number in the middle) in conjunction with using the unit vehicle speed-limiter/cruise-control takes my priority.

I’m with Rog …and no points here - ever

Happy Keith:
I’m with Rog …and no points here - ever

Wish I could say the same but in my younger days I got the T-shirt - all 12 points - court job :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Did I know I was speeding? - YES - I did it deliberately to make up time on 7.5 multidrop - was I stupid? - YES again - did I learn - OH YES (finally) :laughing:

I have one in my Car and wouldd not be without… under any circumstances.
Also… Tried a few other models including BTST by Adam Blair group (Rubbish)… …The new Road Angel has a remote … and via a SIM card automatic updates… (On my Xmas list).
You cannot afford to be without one if you are a get along driver… Southside M25… aound Maidstone on the M20… covered in things on the backs of the overhead gantries !!

I had a ‘New Road Angel’, told me how fast I was going :unamused: and told me of an accident black spot, and thats about it :frowning: .

Gave it to the mrs, she was not impressed :open_mouth: and told me to take it back to the pound shop as I had been overcharged :laughing:

Sent it back to Road Angel, they said it was fine and did what it was supposed to do (not a lot).

The conclusion was that it was a useless piece of crap, slung it in the shed and thats where its been ever since.

Tiger.

Anyone know if this can detect mobile speed cameras in addition to fixed ones?

If not are there any sat nav type devices out there that can detect all speed cameras (fixed and mobile)?

I’ve got a Snooper radar detector that warns me of radar etc. It’s been illegal in some parts of Europe for a while now, and apparently is illegal in the UK now. Problem is that it bleeps for everything and so eventually you start to ignore it completely which kinda defeats the object I suppose

The road Angel works on downloadable information as the relevant authorities have to put on to the same data base where the speed camers… including average speed cameras are located.
There are add on sensors you can buy that will pick up the mobile speed cameras as well. They do work …and are a licence saver.
Yes they can pick up black spots, yes they tell you (accurately) what speed you are doing… yes they tell you your exact long / lat postion Etc…
All I do is update mine weekly / fortnightly via my PC to keep all the latest info in the machine… Its virtually idiot proof ? !

Several camera detectors supposedly detect mobile laser cameras, but usually don’t. Any that maybe do, by the time they detect it you’ve already been done!!

their poster in Taunton Deane Msa says you can win one by texting them your email address

expect lots of marketing emails if you do :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

google is your friend

:wink:

I have a road angel sat nav with the speed cameras on it . Its the biggest waste of money I,ve ever had, dropped me in the mire so many times i,ts worse than not having one at all. I heard that those who did the mapping for road angel have gone bust