RIP EMMA

lost my friend and constant companion for 14 years, my little Westie Emma,went everywhere together.Absolutely devastated…chris

Sorry to hear that mate know how you feel been there it will get better with time.

It is a sad day when a loyal friend passes on.

My friends German Pointer died last March and we still miss her and occasionally call the new westie by her name, he looks a little startled and runs off to his food bowl :slight_smile:

People who haven’t had a dog don’t get it, they are just like family.

i always have more than one, partly because its company fr each other, partly because when one does head for the big kennel in the sky, the house doesn’t feel quite so empty.

Sounds like she had a great life with you.

albion:
People who haven’t had a dog don’t get it, they are just like family.

i always have more than one, partly because its company fr each other, partly because when one does head for the big kennel in the sky, the house doesn’t feel quite so empty.

Sounds like she had a great life with you.

It is probably the biggest reason that I am seriously looking to change career, I have got so used to having a dog around me every day and playing about, making us all laugh, wish they could even stay as puppies but I am sort of walking again and really enjoy going off, just me and the dog. We also looked after a friends dog for 6 months so the two became very close and learnt each others begging tricks.

trunkera1, get yourself off to the local dog rescue this weekend, Emma would not mind, she would expect it!

Old boss and now friend of mine had a hip op about 5 years ago and he credits part of his recovery to their dog and taking it for walks.

I no longer do any driving and stay in the office - and the 5 dogs come with me :unamused:

i usually find it takes a couple of months before I start thinking of getting another one - it feels a bit like being unfaithful :confused:

sorry to hear bout yr dog
my mums dog died 2 weeks ago he had 2 tumours we had him for 9 years and i miss him like mad

she got him cremated and now he sits on the sideboard nx to his fav soft toy that he took everywhere

Thanks for all your messages,Emma will be cremated, and will sit next to my old Collie,Bruce, who passed on 14 yrs ago,it still dont go any easier ,even 2nd time around…chris

Sorry to hear about your dog mate. I never understood how attatched people could get to their pets til i got my Ella. Now i don’t know what i’d do without her.

Sorry to read of your loss mate. :frowning: