For those that met her

Tonight I may shed a tear for that new star in the sky, But tomorrow I will remember why that star shines so bright.

Martha, our Great Dane, was put at rest today, after a tough fight she was diagnosed with incurable leukemia and we took the decision to stop her suffering any more

Always hard when you lose your dog.I have had that happen a few times over the years,they are part of the family.I know how you are feeling Rikki.
Dave.

Sorry to hear that Rikki.

Sorry about that mate. We just started our long road ahead with our pup. My last dog was 14 when he went. It broke my heart too. :cry:

Rikki,don’t know you,never met her.Made me shed one or two but you did the best thing for the best reason.That’s all.Take care.

Tough losing a dog. I cried and cried when my cab mutt got put to sleep age 12. Had a 12 month break till I got a mutt again, funny cos she has exact same personality.

My advie…For what it’s worth Rikki. Is get another straight away.

bigvern1:
My advie…For what it’s worth Rikki. Is get another straight away.

Not straight away, wait a while before you get another. I had my faithful friend put to sleep in May, went off his food on the Friday, by the Monday couldn’t keep anything down, not even water. A blood test revealed kidney and liver failure and signs of cancer, nothing could be done and I had to make the hardest decision I’ve ever made. Buster, Collie X GSD, was 11yrs old, absolutely tore me to bits having to put him to sleep.

After a couple of months, was looking on Facebook and noticed an ad for some puppies, and a few days later we picked up a tiny bundle of fur, called Maisie, a Labrador X Springer Spaniel. The photo was taken in July when she was 10wks old.

Sorry to hear about Martha, like others have said, it’s hard losing a dog, like losing a member of the family.

Everybody is different I suppose. Here’s my lil’ foo- kerr. He’s horrible at the mo…Rotten temper. But he’s started learning the basics this week.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your dog Martha, dogs are great companions & become a part of the family, & I know I was heartbroken when I lost mine a few years ago. I can’t replace mine because of work commitments etc (realy wish I could though). I know how you must be feeling and after having to make a descision for the right reasons :frowning:

I’m very sorry to hear about Martha.

Although you had to make a difficult decision, FWIW I think you made the right call.

I had a similar situation with a cat who’d been with me for about 13years.
He had throat cancer, but I paid £180 for a biopsy to ensure an accurate diagnosis before I made my decision to have him put to sleep, but even that didn’t get rid of the difficulty of having to say “yes” to the vet. :frowning:

Really sorry to hear your news, Rikki.

R.I.P. to Martha. ■■■.

bigvern1:
Everybody is different I suppose. Here’s my lil’ foo- kerr. He’s horrible at the mo…Rotten temper. But he’s started learning the basics this week.

Puppy PuppyPuppy! So lovely, I wish I could have one.