RHA/FTA

I’ve been thinking about joining these 2 but don’t really know what the benefits are or whether I would have anything to contribute. Is anyone a member and if so, what do you do within the organisation and why should I join?

Reason being I think I’d like to be more involved on an industry level rather than just being a steering wheel operative. Ideas and comments welcome!

Cheers

forget it both a waste of time . not bothered about drivers just the bosses :wink: :wink:

The RHA/FTA are there to relieve haulage business’s of their hard earned cash. It’s not for drivers, indeed has nothing to offer drivers.

Tiger

as a driver, here is the list of benefits:

done! :laughing:

scanny77:

have they ever claimed to be a drivers organisation ?

Denis F:

scanny77:

do they do much for owners etc? never heard anyone say ‘youve got to join rha/fta as they have helped me in a massive way’

has anyone else

yorkshireborn:

Denis F:

scanny77:

do they do much for owners etc? never heard anyone say ‘youve got to join rha/fta as they have helped me in a massive way’

has anyone else

The Livestock group does some good stuff in negotiations with Defra and the Eu, the lawplan insurance is good ( never used it though) …ummm…

it’s difficult to put a value on the lobbying they do !

but they did seem to be on another planet with the Topgear comments and the Parking allowance comments in the video that Rikki posted a while back

I’ve been a member of the RHA for 6 years as an O/D .Been to a few local meeting but always got the
impression that they were there for the big boys :wink:
In my opinion the only good thing about membership to the RHA is the Lawplan. I’ve only had to use it
once ,but it saved me a fortune on solicitors fees :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Denis F:

scanny77:

industry representatives are they not? i cant speak for anyone else here but i am in the transport industry albeit as a mere mortal so it is their job to look after us whether they see it like that or not. no drivers, no industry!

I always think of the INDUSTRY as the big bosses and owner drivers. A mere employee like myself is nothing more than a cog in the machine.

tofer:
I always think of the INDUSTRY as the big bosses and owner drivers. A mere employee like myself is nothing more than a cog in the machine.

in reality you are spot on. they are only interested in the political circles which do not include us. technically, we ARE a critical part of the industry and therefore should be entitled to call upon those that represent the industry as a whole when the need arises. we all know that they wouldnt even bother to reply to our emails or letters though. the only people that give a ■■■■ about drivers are other drivers and some decent bosses and thats why i wouldnt waste my money on the FTA/RHA or unions