THE RHA

hi all in the forum

do the RHA help drivers and can we join the RHA as a driver as there seam to defend us a lot and class us(drivers) as members i thougt RHA was for the haulage company and not the driver (i may be wrong )

In the last few weeks the RHA have been Writing to the BBC about the topgear comment.
As a driver TV or RADIO as always been the for use to watch or listen to and should never taken litraley

A offensive joke made in jest should not be taken litaley so we all know JC is like on tv
so if he offens you just don’t watch the show

sorry for the rant but if we all complian about thing on tv the would be no tv

THIS HELP ?

delboytwo:
hi all in the forum

do the RHA help drivers and can we join the RHA as a driver as there seam to defend us a lot and class us(drivers) as members i thougt RHA was for the haulage company and not the driver (i may be wrong )

In the last few weeks the RHA have been Writing to the BBC about the topgear comment.
As a driver TV or RADIO as always been the for use to watch or listen to and should never taken litraley

A offensive joke made in jest should not be taken litaley so we all know JC is like on tv

Nothing makes me more angry than hearing the RHA spouting off about anything regards Road Haulage. They certainly do sod all for hauliers and less than sod all for drivers, if I sound bitter and twisted its because I am. For more than 37 years I have heard nothing but hot air from this over paid underworked bunch of free loaders. They are supposed to be our PR department to the world it is a pity all they can do is complain about about a joke.

Stupid question :blush:
Where do the RHA get thier funding from?. . . .
Not a wind up,just would like to know, would also like to know of any significant
contributions/changes they have made to the British haulage industry for the better ?

Suedehead:
Not a wind up,just would like to know, would also like to know of any significant
contributions/changes they have made to the British haulage industry ?

they get their income from membership fees

mine included, and to be honest I’m disappointed they are wasting time whinging about TG when there are many other things they could be concerned with !!

why are you paying them to do sweet fa

bubsy06:
why are you paying them to do sweet fa

You would be better of giving your fees to our charity, we do more for the good name for truckers than that bunch will ever do.

They need to spend more time on sorting out the industry and not send me loads of leaflets and other stuff that isnt of any use to me.
On the front of their magazine, Roadway, it states that it is the ‘Voice of Road haulage’ A pretty bold statement!

Denis F:

Suedehead:
contributions/changes they have made to the British haulage industry ?

they get their income from membership fees

mine included, and to be honest I’m disappointed they are wasting time whinging about TG when there are many other things they could be concerned with !!

Out of interest … how many members have they got and how much do
you pay to be a member ?

Suedehead:
Out of interest … how many members have they got and how much do
you pay to be a member ?

don’t know how many members :blush: costs about £250 to be a member with 2 vehicles (RATES PDF)

lawplan is another £100 or so on top !! Lawplan is the best reason for joining !!

Members, ohh er missus :blush:
So what do you get in return for your subs then?
I see that they have spoken out on the major topic affecting the industry
at the moment(Clarkson),pity they cant do something positive about things like
the lack of overnight parking or stowaways for instance!!
:angry:

they have some good junckets abroad. they are crafty to i do believe they were behind the poa dont make me laugh, they have managed to get total flexable working for free

they never made that much fuss over the rising fuel cost. One joke about something that happened how long ago? The people who complain about these little things want shooting, bit off topic but it’s like harry’s letter about smoking there’s is always someone wanting to stir it up.

The RHA dont make me laugh and the Lawplan sorry not worth it tbh

Richard King what a joke he is

Will leave it there

delboytwo:
hi all in the forum

Do the RHA help drivers or their families when arrested abroad.
The simple answer is a big NO
When John Vasey was arrested in France he was a fully paid up member of the International Group, did they help, NO
His wife was told they do NOTHING when a driver is arrested abroad, whether he is guilty or not it does not matter.
They refused to give her or the family any advice at all

I personally met Rodger King at a press conference organised by Fair Trials Abroad in London and asked him publcly why they did nothing to help drivers in this situation, his reply
“I’ll look into it”

animal:
The RHA dont make me laugh and the Lawplan sorry not worth it

My mrs belongs to the FSB (Federation of Small Business) that costs £100 a year and offers a legal service 24/7, on the odd times she has used the legal service they have been absolutely brilliant, they dont mess around when it comes to legal matters. Earlier this year I left a company that had coerced me into running bent, I left without notice. They then tried to sue me for £3k for breach of contract, cost of taking on an agency driver and a whole load of other crap. The mrs contacted the FSB and a barrister was on the case within hours, the company backed down and the matter was resolved. Without the FSB there’s no way I could have had that sort of legal representation. 100 quid well spent and I’m not even a member :smiley:

Tiger.

So which is the best union/organisation to belong to then for the average joe lorryist that i am ■■

I am not and have never been in a union/organisation and must admit i know next to nothing concerning these matters but have often wondered whether i should be.