Restricted O licence

A friend of mine owns 2 trucks and uses them soley for his own business, collecting material and then disposing of the waste. He is now requiring more material for his company and is in negotiations with different suppliers.

He is bidding for the work against other hauliers and will make a profit should he be sucessful, my question is does he need a full O licence if he gets the work even though he will only be using the material for his own business?

Thanks

Fileep:
A friend of mine owns 2 trucks and uses them soley for his own business, collecting material and then disposing of the waste. He is now requiring more material for his company and is in negotiations with different suppliers.

He is bidding for the work against other hauliers and will make a profit should he be sucessful, my question is does he need a full O licence if he gets the work even though he will only be using the material for his own business?

Thanks

If he is only carrying his own goods, either on customer collect or delivering, he only needs a restricted Operator Licence. He can operate at home or abroad providing the goods are solely for his own use, you cannot move other peoples goods. In addition to that, he doesn’t need to employ a CPC holder, YET

However it sounds like he may need a waste carriers licence :bulb:

Further to the original post.

He also has another company that usually uses outside hauliers for the transport side of things, he does however on occasion use one of his trucks(on restricted O licence) to help the business out! Does this make a change, does he need to apply for a full O lincence?

Thanks again.

Wheel Nut:
he doesn’t need to employ a CPC holder, YET

Is this due to change for Restricted O licences or just rumour at the moment?

muckles:

Wheel Nut:
he doesn’t need to employ a CPC holder, YET

Is this due to change for Restricted O licences or just rumour at the moment?

I got a missive from VOSA about this recently, this is what it said.

There is new EC legislation that comes into effect in December this year in relation to new rules regarding access to the market however it does not require restricted licence holders to employ a CPC holder.

I have not read the whole EC Regulation yet, but will dig out the numbers when I have.