Reply to member 'Tester'

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome Tester :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

Tester
FROM HERE
:

Rog

DSA Driving Test requirement is that if a vehicle presented for test has an automatic gearbox but is fitted with a clutch pedal which may only be used to move off and upon stopping i.e Scania Opticruise the driver will be issued with a full driving licence qualification unrestricted for that class of vehicle. If vehicle presented does not have a clutch pedal the the driver will be issued with a full licence for that class of vehicle restricted to automatic only.

ROG:

Krankee:
And I’ve driven many manuals where you didn’t need to use the clutch, except for starting off…and stopping.

In a β€˜test’ situation, such actions (assuming a pass) :laughing:, would not result in an β€˜auto only’ accreditation.

For a manual pass on a DSA LGV test, the clutch MUST be used for EVERY gear change - anything else is an auto pass.

The original info given to me was incorrect - as long as the clutch pedal is used for setting off and stopping then it is a DSA MANUAL PASS.

Rog

Many thanks for the welcome. Keep up the good work for which you are no doubt unpaid. The tips, advice and information you so freely give on this site are I am sure, much appreciated. I have often wondered how much time you actually give researching your answers. Have you retired as a trainer? If not I cannot understand why you have not been snapped up by a training organisation or am I behind the times and you are now employed or running your own consultancy. Have you spoken to Big Dave?

Tester:
Keep up the good work for which you are no doubt unpaid

true but enjoyable

Tester:
I have often wondered how much time you actually give researching your answers.

Quite a lot of time but sometimes I get duff info and when that info is challenged I delve deeper and then correct it if wrong

Tester:
Have you retired as a trainer?

No
looking for LGV instructor job but none available locally
Still doing the advanced training as an unpaid volunteer - nearly 11 years doing that now :smiley:

Tester:
running your own consultancy

I consult myself - does that count? :laughing: :laughing:

Tester:
Have you spoken to Big Dave?

Often :smiley: - hope his back gets better soon.

With Tester as a username - are you in this game :question:

Rog

Yes, must be careful!!