Renault Premium -face lift

So what does everyone think of this then, will it still get as much stick as the old one??

I think it looks better then the one now, and prefer the wrap around dash, defo needed an update.

Not sure if this is final or anything, as nothing on the Renault site.

Just think its a shame they couldnt of done the same with the magnum

I actually like Premiums,but I admit,they’re not everyone’s cup of tea,Rob K included.

I was talking to a fitter from JDS Renault in Leeds last week,and he had heard a whisper they were going with a flat floor,to improve cross cab access.

Obviously they aren’t. :angry: Big minus point there.

The basic cab structure is just the same,and it looks like they’ve reverted to a manual gearbox again.Wonder if the semi-auto box is an option,or have they ditched it? Also,have they downrated the engine power to guarantee the fuel consumption,like they have with the current 420 DCI,(Down to 385,or at least ours are.) or is the guarantee of fuel figures now finished.

Ken.

Looks nice enough, hope they improve the build quality.

Could it be just a custom job being used to advertise?

I think the most important change for most will be the 440 motor, this should address the lack of power from the later 420 motors.
New dash looks nice and tidy, but seems to intrude into the cabin more than the old one. I suppose Renault reckon of you want flat floor and loads of space then get a Magnum.
Still only really a facelift, although the most major one so far, must be getting close to time for a Premium and Magnum replacement.

Thats spoilt my week :angry: , I like the look of that and the way the dash wraps round and makes a decent space to put the telly at night :smiley: , it does intrude into the cabin space but i would put up with that., or is this just my Renault indoctrination coming through. But the fact is that i got a new one 8 weeks ago, so i’m not going to get my hands on one of those for a long time :cry:

Quinny:
Also,have they downrated the engine power to guarantee the fuel consumption,like they have with the current 420 DCI,(Down to 385,or at least ours are.) or is the guarantee of fuel figures now finished.

Ken.

Not getting very good figures out of mine yet, so if they are cut down then it isnt working :open_mouth: although i am puliing 15ft high trailers about, and doing a reasonable amount of top weight work , 7.8mpg comments :wink:

With the exception of the flat surface on the top of the dash, ala DAF XF, there still appears to be nowhere to put owt, just like on the current one. It’ll probably be another bag of nails with a different cover on it, just like the current one.

:unamused:

It looks like a LIAZ, but then I can say that now, that I dont have one anymore :smiley:

15ft high trailers about,

Know what you mean.

We pull up to 16’2",and I’ve seen the figures,and they can be as low as 5mpg.

Ken.

Although you can’t see it in the pictures,my guess is Renault
still haven’t extended the overhead locker system,so it goes all the way across the top of the cab,instead of the 3/4 system they use now.Shame really,as this would give you that little bit extra storage.

And if I’m correct in saying,it’s so that you can put your troosers on standing up in the passenger footwell,although if your like me,you can still do this standing on the middle section between the seats.

Like the twin blind spot mirrors though,and I notice the engine is a DXi,a new version of the DCi perhaps?

But how long before those wind deflectors on the corner get knocked off?

Ken.

Nope. It’s no good. It’s still a Premium. :confused:

Don’t knock one til you’ve tried one Lucy.

Better than some Italian spaghetti thing anyday!!!

Ken.

I knock it because I have tried it, Quinny. I gave it back, prefering to keep living all week in a 10-yr old P-cab Scania! :open_mouth:

As for Ivecos…they’re just the unappreciated best. :wink:

Rob K:
, there still appears to be nowhere to put owt, just like on the current one. It’ll probably be another bag of nails with a different cover on it, just like the current one.
:unamused:

Well i do you 4 nights out every week, and i dont have no problem with storage, plenty of room under the bunk and on the models under 2 years old, the overhead locker is a better size aswell. The 1st Privelage Premium i had on an X plate, i had to carry all my extra straps and rope and tools that wouldnt go in the side locker under the bunk, i’ve had extra outside lockers fitted on this one, but i still had ample storage, you just have to be organised :wink: I’tll never be a Volvo or that type, but for the money they cost theyre up to the job. Its got aircon cruise control jake brake cd player electric roof vent electric adjust mirrors , immobiliser heated seat lumber suport adjustment , all fitted as standard the same as a Volvo or that sort but with a different price tag, Like Iveco, Renault get knocked mainly by those who have never or rarely used them, there are aspects of the Premium that i think arent as good as the turboliner that it replaced, such as the overhead lockers that dont go right across or the floor which isnt as low, but on the whole its quiet an easy truck to live in. I drove a Globtrotter for 6 mths a couple of years ago, and it was a bit better than the Premium to live in, but not by much, and that was mainly the low floor, but that is where the Magnum competes. :wink:

I would have thought the new generation would utilise the Volvo engine like the Magnum.

Can you recognise the centre routier David? I know its Arcotel but where?

well i like it according to renaults website you can have an auto box the lever being moved from the engine tunnel and the space above the passenger side is now a tv shelf standard on high roof models and yes it will be a 440 also comes standard fit with fridge and 5disc autochanger :laughing:

It certainly looks nice…but the only problem i find with renaults is the lack of power…so thats an area that should have been sorted…i wonder who renault listens to…and i wonder if buyers actually listen to drivers…doubt it…but i would prefer this to a Scania p cab anyday…but can i have one with a big ■■■■■■■ engine…

Drove a Premium for the first time today and I can honestly say it is the first time I have driven a truck with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Hope that the new version is a massive improvement - although I doubt they could make it any worse!!

G

Quinny:
Don’t knock one til you’ve tried one Lucy.

Ken.

dont worry lucy ive tried one of quinnys premiums and they are crap as well whats worse that they are a premium they are also automatic.

new face lift but still renault

Whatever it is, it ain’t no Magnum :cry:

What a fussy interior.

Malc,
Dunno mate, they all look the same don’t they? Could be the one just north of Limoges, or just north of Toulouse or… :confused: :confused:

Salut, David.