Renault Dealers

Credit where it’s due, Renault dealer unbeleibably good … here’s the little story.

Last week I tipped the cab up & saw that the alternator / water pump belt was not quite 100% & removed it and the fan belt (seperate) to inspect. Decided that 2 belts would be cheaper than a breakdown & rang my nearest renault truck dealer tuesday morning.
Storeman was very friendly, helpful & asked details of the old belts & reg number of the truck, then told me that no way is it a 380 because they all had twin belts, said it must be a 385 or 420 … fairy nuff. Then I got a call on the mobile at 5:45pm last night saying he had looked into it more & was certain he was right, I asked if it would be better to go there with the belts.
did that this morning, again excellent friendly service & I would recommend them to anybody.
Unless things have changed over the years, it’s a far cry from a snotty sales assistant in a V***O dealership almost spitting whan you ask for help.

WELL DONE:
Steve & Nigel at Kenny Commercials - Kings Lynn

Unless Kenny comercials have changed in the last few years, I think you’ll find they are not the standard dealer outfit with large pot plant lined sales area and suited salemen. They always seemed to be a more like a backstreet garage, run by mechanics who knew thier stuff and understood good service is what brings customers back.
When I had used to look after a Mecr 814 horsebox, I got great service from Jim Russel Comercials in Norwich. I didn’t have a manuals for the merc to help with servicing so they photocopied the information used in the workshops and the mechanics were always willing to give advice and I even got discount. :smiley:

Hi muckles

Yes you’re right, they are very much a small opration with probably only a few staff, BUT … they still run as a renault parts distributor & considering I wanted to spend £50 or so, i think the service was excellent. Couldn’t have hoped for better if my 6 numbers had come up & I was asking them to get me a new magnum :sunglasses:

:smiley: I’ll happily say Thompson Commercials at Billingham, our local Renault dealer couldn’t treat me any better than they did and I only had two second hand Magnums off them. Excellent staff all round, thank you. :sunglasses:

John Vasey

Just befor xmas I went to collect a unit from a Renult dealer, when we arrived he had borrowed some parts of it.

Toytown:
, BUT … they still run as a renault parts distributor & considering I wanted to spend £50 or so, i think the service was excellent. Couldn’t have hoped for better if my 6 numbers had come up & I was asking them to get me a new magnum :sunglasses:

can you ask them if they if they would like to takeover the Renault dealers in Bristol and Exeter - because they are the reason I bought a Daf 85 instead of one of Rob k’s favourites last year :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: