Dealer Experiences

As a lot of our beloved vehicles are on contract these days,what experiences of the manufacturers dealerships have you had?

Your vehicle type and the dealer concerned would be most interesting.

Personally speaking,my truck is a Renault 420 DCI 6X2 on a 53 plate,(1 month old) and until they arrived,we had a load of other hire Premiums from Renault and they were serviced by JDS at Morley and they were DIRE.

To quote an example.

Upon losing my MAN that was on hire fron Hill Hire,I was given a 400 6X2 Premium for a week on the 11th of December,and it went into JDS on the 18th December for a service and a list of defects that I had found upon receiving it.

We’re now on the 28th of December and it’s still in the dealers.Yes granted,it’s Christmas,but this is normal at this dealer.

But as our new ones have come from Renault direct,and we have 30 of them,JDS are under obligation,via Renault UK,to collect the new ones and drop them off,after servicing,but not the old ones,but as to wether their servicing improves,only time will tell.

So come on then,lets here what you think.

I lease my truck from Volvo Truck and Bus (South.) For the first one and about half the time I had the second it was serviced at their depot in Maidenhead and the service was second to none. I could drop it in first thing in the morning, go for a walk round the town, have a bit of breakfast and a coffee, go back and it would be ready. Everybody at the dealership was very friendly and helpful and I never had a single problem with them.

They then closed that depot and I moved my servicing to their Milton Keynes branch and was concerned I wouldn’t get the same level of service but thankfully this wasn’t so. Being closer to where I live I usually drop the truck in and pick it up a couple of days later but if I want it back quickly they can accomodate me. Everything is always done that needs doing and parts always seem to be available and again the staff are friendly and helpful.

So all I can say in the seven yaers I have been using them I cannot complain about a single thing and for that reason, more than any other, when I replace this truck in two years time it will be another Volvo.