Remembrance Sunday

At the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month I will stop for a silent minute of thought. I will wear a poppy on my chest with pride and remember fallen heroes and those still fighting for our freedom. If this symbolic sign of remembrance offends you in any way you can Foxtrot Oscar!!!

Norfolknewbie:
At the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month I will stop for a silent minute of thought. I will wear a poppy on my chest with pride and remember fallen heroes and those still fighting for our freedom. If this symbolic sign of remembrance offends you in any way you can Foxtrot Oscar!!!

I’l be doing exactly the same mate :slight_smile:

ive been watching alot of the programes of late on sky about ww2,battle of britain etc,never really thought about it untill i watched these programes what a terrible time these young soldiers/pilots went though,puts alot of todays gripes about work/life into context,yes ill be remembering too

Norfolknewbie:

+1

beefy4605:

Norfolknewbie:

+1

me too

Lest we forget.

Me too, the people will not forget them, unlike governments seem to over the years!

The only times I’ve ever worked Remembrance Sunday was on 24/7recovery rota’s. I distinctly remember 2002 when I was taking an old couple back to Southampton from Nottingham, I pulled off the M40 with 10mins to go on the excuse of needing a P.

The old couple joined me & apologised for not daring to bring it up in the conversation on the journey.

Turns out he was an anti aircraft gunner on Malta & extremely peeved that he wouldn’t be home in time to join his mates at his local church.

This year me & the missus will be at the Sherwood Foresters memorial at Crich, something I saw their last summer deeply touched my heart.

Iam working this Sunday, Iam involved in moving 20 Challenger 2 Main Battle Tanks into South Wales, we will pay our respects somehow though later in the day, probably with a toast in the bar.

Norfolknewbie:

+1

I’ll also be working, I’ll be stoping for a silent minute.

Norfolknewbie:

Well put mate

I too will remember them, as I do most days and the reason they all died was so people had freedom to do what they want…If you want to carry on and work, well thats fine by me, we are fortunate to have the freedom to make that choice…

I will be remebering when people are quick to forget the sacrifices tht are made during conflicts i bet if u asked a lot of the population what happened in places like the fallklands bosnia etc thy wudnt have a clue even the second world war its wrong thr mre interested in the latest i phone or x facter history has created our life today n we shudnt forget tht it was only 66 years ago tht phscos were gasing inocent people nt in some remote land but on mainland europe

im working but will as always will make sure im stopped to remember friends and all the others that have given their lives while serving their country.

the 11th hr of 11th day of 11th month
is Armistice Day
If you want to attend this day
You’ll need to be in Bedworth Warwickshire

bedwortharmisticeday.org/

I’m a london bus driver and we are told to stop the bus to observe a silence.
Last year I annonced to my passengers that I was stopping the bus to observe the silence and a white chavvy told me just to drive the bus as he was late, I told him to f off and an elderly jamacian bloke told him to f off as well! :smiley:
The year before that I had my poppy on and an asian chap about 40yrs old got on and said he found my poppy offensive, I told him if he did’nt like it f off my bus and f off out of the country.
He put in a complaint and I was called upstairs by my manager, my manager told me I should not have sworn at the asian chap and said I was getting a written warning!
I told my manager that if I got a written warning I would contact the daily mail with my story, the written warning disaspered :laughing:

Norfolknewbie:

same here

I always have done & always will no matter where I am or what I’m doing.

At the going down of the sun & in the morning we will remember them…

Norfolknewbie:

quite possibly one of the best posts on here this year

remberance sunday ill be doing the usual going round the local British Legion for the parade and few jars of foaming ale afterwards with few of my ex REME mates

Norfolknewbie:

I will be doing the same

Norfolknewbie:

what freedom are we fighting for just know :question: