I hope..................

That as we remember the fallen from 2 world wars and numerous conflicts and whilst our armed forces are engaged in action around the world ( whether you agree with the politics or not …)

]

we all wear our poppy with pride.

Of course, one of the few (if only) times we can celibrate and honour our history, achievement and sacrifice.

Willy Gofar:
That as we remember the fallen from 2 world wars and numerous conflicts and whilst our armed forces are engaged in action around the world ( whether you agree with the politics or not …)
we all wear our poppy with pride.

Eloquently said,100% agree.

Well said - my father and uncle both served in WW2 - my dad survived and rode his motorcycle until he was 80 - my uncle got blown up by a road mine. :frowning: :cry:

ralliesport:
Of course, one of the few (if only) times we can celibrate and honour our history, achievement and sacrifice.

Couldn’t agree more…

TC

Certainly will.

Not sure it’s any sort of celebration, but to honour the sacrifice made is the right thing to do. They do the poppy thing over here too.

If any of you have ever stood in the War Graveyards in Northern France and Belgium, then you really get the feel of what Armistace day is all about.

I celebrate. People in their millions died for our freedom, they sacrificed their futures because they believed in a future free from tyranny.

What would you die for?

Remember when our Government is willing to let Europe dictate laws to us, is willing to give up habeas corpus, prosecute people because of their views, extridite people to foreign jurisdictions, that your family paid a price for freedom.

Freedom is easy to give away, but it cost lives to gain.

Here’s another I hope message.
I hope all those idiots wandering around the country wearing white poppies realise they are the symbol of the conchy’s = conscientious objectors.
You are making a cheap,lefty political stunt and I for one will be more than happy to rip it right out of your buttonhole!

i fully agree, i see jon snow has refused to wear a poppy, now what he wants to do is his business, but i would just like to know if he wore a poppy last year and the year before etc etc… he is saying that he should as a news reader remain neutrel, but that just gave the white poppy brigade a soapbox to stand on, listening to the jeremy vine show today glad the lefties live in a country were they can spout their views would like to see him get away with it under the taliban or iran.

Well said. Post stickied.

gsm31:
Here’s another I hope message.
I hope all those idiots wandering around the country wearing white poppies realise they are the symbol of the conchy’s = conscientious objectors.
You are making a cheap,lefty political stunt and I for one will be more than happy to rip it right out of your buttonhole!

and the good men that died in the two world wars would turn in their graves thinking they died so you could be so bigoted against something you disagree with, they died so that people could choose their own paths
if you want a red poppy wear one, they have a different point of view, leave them to it
they are honouring the dead the same as you, they just have different views about things than you
how can the white poppy be seen as the symbol of the concientious objector,
these days there is no such thing as a concientious objector, they went when conscription went

Well my Grandad voluntered for the Navy after seeing what my Great Grandad went through in the Somme, it was’nt exactly a good plan he ended up on Artic convoys, he was an Anti Aircraft on a Battle cruiser HMS Royal Soveriegn, they decided to mount the A A gun on top of the Big guns ( one of which is now outside the imperial war museum ) so he is up there trying to shoot the planes down and they are moving the big gun no wonder he never shot any planes down, he never spoke about it much which is a shame but his choice, and me well i am very proud to wear the poppy.

I believe the Poppy serves 2 purposes, 1, to Remember the dead of all wars and to respect their sacrifice for us, and 2, to remind us that war is a terrible act to carry out, there are no winners in war.

I wear my Poppy with Pride.

biggusdickusgb,how many of the old soldiers wear white poppies,non that I have come across.
I would go so far as to say if you conducted a poll amongst the old soldiers at the Cenotaph on Sunday, almost 100% would oppose white poppies being worn.
They are a worn by pacifist, lefty conchy’s to try and make a cheap political point at the expense of our old soldiers.
They are in effect saying we don’t agree with what you did in 2 World Wars.
I would go as far as saying if they were to go into a British Legion establishment wearing one,they wouldn’t come out in one piece.

I used to wear a poppy as a kid with pride and as an ex serviceman who saw active service in 1982 during the falklands conflict it means a lot to me to support the poppy appeal and I always observe the two minutes silence on the 11th and rememberance sunday if they fall on different days. I buy my poppy and 2 new stickers one for the car and one for the truck every year.

gsm31:
biggusdickusgb,how many of the old soldiers wear white poppies,non that I have come across.
I would go so far as to say if you conducted a poll amongst the old soldiers at the Cenotaph on Sunday, almost 100% would oppose white poppies being worn.
They are a worn by pacifist, lefty conchy’s to try and make a cheap political point at the expense of our old soldiers.
They are in effect saying we don’t agree with what you did in 2 World Wars.
I would go as far as saying if they were to go into a British Legion establishment wearing one,they wouldn’t come out in one piece.

i think you’d find almost 100% couldn’t give a toss, they probably wouldn’t agree with the wearing of them but they’ve seen a lot worse.

PACIFIST, i’ll agree with you on that one because its the symbol of the pacifists, not rocket science is it?
LEFTY, i’ll let you have that one as well as i wouldn’t know as i’m not one
CONCHY, once again there is no such thing anymore, they were made redundant when conscription was got rid of, these days if you don’t want to go in the army you do something else.

how are they having a go at our old soldiers, they are buying a poppy the same as you or i, its their way of saying thanks for what you did even though they don’t agree with war

go into astley bridge british legion tomorrow after the parade there is at least one goes in there every remembrance sunday, and she lost two brothers in ww2
i’ll be at peterborough parade tomorrow wearing my red poppy, and in the company of an american ww2 soldier, an ex french legionaire and a few brits and like last year when we had a white poppy wearer stand near us, we couldn’t give a flying (zb) if someone stands at the side of us wearing a white poppy, thats what the soldiers fought and died for

Its called freedom
That is why we are the greatest country in the world if anyone disagrees tell me why every one wants to come here.

I’ll be at my local cenotaph tomorrow.

With a red poppy, and a D.E.M.S. cap in hand.

I would be glad, on my Dad’s behalf, to stand alonside a white poppy wearer.

R.I.P. brave Men

Respect!.

I was at the parade today, were you?.

All of these men whether they saw active service or not deserve the respect of every single one of us.

Just dont forget remembrance is not only the 11th it should be every day and we should never forget!!!.

I just hope we didnt upset an Muslims when we had the parade.