Reed Bordall

Hi

Anyone have any info - money, hours amount of work etc.

I know they run good kit XXL, Gobby’s Topliners etc.

I am looking for some parttime weekend work and a mate is maybe looking to go full time 4 on 4 off.

They were looking for drivers in Grimsby and I made enquires, the pay for nights was £6.20 for first nine, time and a half after.

I dont work for them.

Edward Teller:
They were looking for drivers in Grimsby and I made enquires, the pay for nights was £6.20 for first nine, time and a half after.

I dont work for them.

Also you have to pay for any damage caused to your motor.

Website (with downloadable Driver App Form): Here

They sell the driving job pretty well: Here

howatsi:

Edward Teller:

I dont work for them.

Thats the day I go to prison if one of my bosses say I have to pay for ANY damage I will get violent.

■■■■ I just remembered what site im on and the mere mention of violence will probably see me joining RobK out in the cold.

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Edward Teller:
They were looking for drivers in Grimsby and I made enquires, the pay for nights[/b] was £6.20[/b] for first nine, time and a half after.
[/quote]
:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Surely a mistake? Surely not even the Poles would work for that ■■ :open_mouth:
That is the worse wage I have ever seen for class 1 night work ever. :open_mouth:

Edward Teller:

I dont work for them.

Is that why they are always looking for drivers then? Every time I pass 1 of their lorries, on the back I notice “Call the recruitment hotline on 08blah blah blah”

Surely a mistake? Surely not even the Poles would work for that ■■ :open_mouth:

Yes they will! I saw a few Polish registered cars in the car park

howatsi:

No you don’t.

Snooze Control:
That is the worse wage I have ever seen for class 1 night work ever. :open_mouth:

That’s the rate they pay for days.

It’s still a disgrace whether for days or nights. I still find it incredibly hard to believe that drivers still work that money. :open_mouth:

You think thats bad, Turners at that depot near Drax (cambelforth?) pay £5.15 per hour, the rest is made up of various bonus schemes when I pointed out that this was below the minimum wage the transport manager simply shrugged.

In one of the trade magazines I saw that Turners made £15 million profit.

I wonder how they made so much?

I am waiting to find out whether I can go on a training scheme at the moment as I am leaving driving as soon as I can, when wages like this are being offered, and sadly being accepted, ive realised its a bit pointless driving, and at the risk of being called Racist, or xenophobic from January its going to get a lot worse, the measures to restrict the Romanians, Albanians etc announced by the asylum inmates at Westminster are a nonsense, and firms like Turners, Reed Boardall etc are rubbing there hands with glee.

Snooze Control:
It’s still a disgrace whether for days or nights. I still find it incredibly hard to believe that drivers still work that money. :open_mouth:

It’s about the average rate for the area. Not a lot of employment around Boroughbridge/Thirsk/Ripon area.

Even less if like me and want part time weekend - did mixer work @£10 / hr which was good and my parcel evening job is at the same rate.

I think that means 1/2 hourly rates.

It’s about the average rate for the area. Not a lot of employment around Boroughbridge/Thirsk/Ripon area.
[/quote]

my father in law works for shire aggregates just outside ripon and he’s on 8.50 an hour.they don’t pay any extra for overtime though.
i work down south (e.sussex) driving a four wheel tipper with crane and get 7.25 an hour and 10.50 for overtime (which there is plenty of in the summer) we were considerating moving up there as he says that is about the norm up there apart from the few big companies who employ the polish but we both take home about the same so why bother.(wifes choice) personally i would go like a shot because i’m fed up with the traffic and the state of the roads down here

those rates for reedie’s dont surprise me one bit. it seems like the going rate for the area.

ive got a mate on the agency for longs of leeds and they pay exactly the same… macfarlanes have a different pay rate but when you work out the hours done they all work out pretty similar.

Went to see RB last night and did all the usual information paperwork and they check my licences / passport etc.

Then I was informed of the rates:

£6.47 days
£8.20 ish Saturdays
£10.15ish Sundays
£19.90 Night Outs.

All hours paid but no guaranteed hours.

Any vehicle damages to be paid for.

Must attend for an induction day on a Monday 8am to 5pm (not sure if you get paid for this) starts between 2 & 6 am.

At this point I told them no thanks - I get £10.26 per hr on a Saturday 8 hours guaranteed for Driver Hire.

Well done that man. :slight_smile:

The sooner that companies realise that people,apart from our European cousins,won’t work for that sort of money,the sooner they may pay decent rates.

Ken.