REED BOARDALL

Looking for the usual info please folks …been invited for interview next week …any info would be great …the usual …the good the bad and the ugly if you know owt about them :sunglasses:

Bit of info here

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=28468

:wink:

Wages aren’t the best but the kit is good, well serviced and the job ain’t hard. You’re not rushed. Truckwash in the yard you’re expected to go through every time you come back and paperwork is easy. Wages are always on time and mine were always right.

Pain in the backside parts can be sat waiting to get your next job (it’s possible to disappear off the radar if you don’t remind them you’re there :slight_smile: ) and if you’re down to night out all week and they need your motor one night, it’s a B&B job at a place they use in Boroughbridge.

I’d go back and was considering it if I can get 4 days with nights out.

Conor:
Wages aren’t the best but the kit is good, well serviced and the job ain’t hard. You’re not rushed. Truckwash in the yard you’re expected to go through every time you come back and paperwork is easy. Wages are always on time and mine were always right.

Pain in the backside parts can be sat waiting to get your next job (it’s possible to disappear off the radar if you don’t remind them you’re there :slight_smile: ) and if you’re down to night out all week and they need your motor one night, it’s a B&B job at a place they use in Boroughbridge.

I’d go back and was considering it if I can get 4 days with nights out.

Thanks for that info

How long did you work for them Conor ?

Ive gone for the 4 on 4 off tramping option

what were the office staff like ?

Was offered a job on nights with them working from Grimsby £6.50 per hour 18 months ago.

I laughed merrily made my excuses and left.

£6.50 per hour

I know there good for those just starting out, but :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

thecoder0:

Did 3 years on agency then 2 years employed. Only gave up cos my back went and I had to have 10 months off. Would have gone back but Sara Lee at Bridlington where I was based closed so no job.

Office staff are fine. Used to be able to have a laugh and also say no as well. One conversation over the radio was:

“Where are you?”
“10 minutes from home”
“Oh, we wanted you to go to Hull and collect a load.”
“Don’t have enough time.”
“Well you can do 10 hours”
“Just because I can do 10 hours doesn’t mean I want to.”
“Oh, right…OK, see you tomorrow”.

Coder

Try this

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … ed+bordall

and this

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … ed+bordall

My impression was not good.

Conor:

thecoder0:

Did 3 years on agency then 2 years employed. Only gave up cos my back went and I had to have 10 months off. Would have gone back but Sara Lee at Bridlington where I was based closed so no job.

Office staff are fine. Used to be able to have a laugh and also say no as well. One conversation over the radio was:

“Where are you?”
“10 minutes from home”
“Oh, we wanted you to go to Hull and collect a load.”
“Don’t have enough time.”
“Well you can do 10 hours”
“Just because I can do 10 hours doesn’t mean I want to.”
“Oh, right…OK, see you tomorrow”.

Conor what about the “you have to pay for vehicle damage” bit that someone mentioned.

Any truth in that ?

If so I will save miself some diesel travelling to the interview :open_mouth:

I think when I went to see them if you dont put it on the damage report when you pick the vehicle up it is down to you.

thecoder0:
Conor what about the “you have to pay for vehicle damage” bit that someone mentioned.

Any truth in that ?

If so I will save miself some diesel travelling to the interview :open_mouth:

Well considering that when I was there, someone didn’t couple up properly and when they went over the bridge between the coldstores and turned but the loaded trailer continued straight on into the ditch the bridge goes over, knackering the trailer and unit, and they gave him a new wagon and sent him on his way with something else, no.

But saying that, I never hit anything so from personal experience no. I’ve also not heard that mentioned that they do until your post either.

But TBH, unless you’ve got another job possibility in the pipeline, give it a try for a couple of weeks and if it’s not your cup of tea, hand in your notice. At the end of the day, you’re on a trial for the first 3 months and the trial works both ways, not just for them to see if you’re up to the job.

Did you get the job? They got any more 4 on 4 off?

Tesco not working out Conor?. I was not impressed when sent there with agency.

RB are VERY short of drivers at present, so I would assume something WILL be available to you.

Don’t expect to get a contract after 3 months, drivers have been there for a year, and have been told they have a contract, gone to collect it, then fobbed off, with a “It’s not printed yet” excuse.

Currently, they are using mainly 07 MAN units, these are NOT to be put in the truck wash due to the front blindspot mirror getting knocked off all the time. Drop your trailer and use the pressure lance and brush.

The office staff can mess you about a bit, mainly the days staff (not had much experience with the night shift). Example: Told to collect a load, arrive at destination, no trailer waiting, so phone the office and get a bollocking because I wasn’t supposed to go there !! Make your mind up.

Don’t expect to be given a uniform either, though you may, if lucky receive a hi-vis vest !!

Any faults you find, these are always quickly repaired on trucks and trailers.

Apparently they do more paperwork than other companies, re: mileage, times, destination, checks etc.
Most of your daily time will be spent sitting in a distribution centre waiting to be tipped or loaded

Are they any good ■■ They are starting to p**s me off, but generally they are okay. Give them a try, and if you find it isn’t for you, then try someone else.

Hope that helps

Edward Teller:
Tesco not working out Conor?. I was not impressed when sent there with agency.

Not been there for a while. Looks like there’s quite a few not happy with it and from what I gather, the Ops manager left as well.

Pointman:
RB are VERY short of drivers at present, so I would assume something WILL be available to you.

Don’t expect to get a contract after 3 months, drivers have been there for a year, and have been told they have a contract, gone to collect it, then fobbed off, with a “It’s not printed yet” excuse.

Don’t expect to be given a uniform either, though you may, if lucky receive a hi-vis vest !!

Nowts changed in regards to the contract then.
Worked there before and still got my named T-shirts and jacket.