Red Lion Northampton

Stopped there on thursday afternoon for a shower and a bite to eat. Well what a dirty hole this place is and i dont mean the parking area, the showers were in such a state with mold,hair, empty bottles, and the floors were so grimey it was like walking through a building site, mud and dirt every where. Even the hand wash sinks were so dirty i opted out of taking a shave. Anyway i decided not to have anything to eat but put my point of view to a chap behind the counter about the state of the toilet facilities and he didnt seem to give a , so on that point i will not be stopping there again. Anybody else feel the same wayabout this place■■?. Cheers all.

Unfortunately you could be talking about 99% of all stops in the UK these days mate. :frowning:

I am sure someone here had their curtains slashed there not so long ago and had some pasta stolen out the back.

I am glad i do very little work over here now, and i always try and have a shower on the boat on the way back and then i would rather go without for a day than use any showers in any truckstops. Always try and ask at customers premises if they have showers.

We go to a lot of engineering places to tip or load and they tend to have showers that are clean

daleyboy:
I am sure someone here had their curtains slashed there not so long ago and had some pasta stolen out the back.

HERE

daleyboy:
Unfortunately you could be talking about 99% of all stops in the UK these days mate. :frowning:

I am glad i do very little work over here now, and i always try and have a shower on the boat on the way back and then i would rather go without for a day than use any showers in any truckstops. Always try and ask at customers premises if they have showers.

We go to a lot of engineering places to tip or load and they tend to have showers that are clean

just finished international work after the company i was working for have finished due to poor rates amongst other things, i was told via text 2 weeks ago whilst in germany that the job was ending and that it would be a good idea to find another job so playind it a bit safe in have gone back to uk work for now.

MD0117:

daleyboy:

just finished international work after the company i was working for have finished due to poor rates amongst other things, i was told via text 2 weeks ago whilst in germany that the job was ending and that it would be a good idea to find another job so playind it a bit safe in have gone back to uk work for now.

Whereabouts in Brizzle are you? I live in Bristol and work for a Bristol firm across the water.

I used to park in the lay-by there regularly in the 70,s and 80,s with full loads of Coke from the Coke factory at Jct14. There used to be 2 or 3 of us, all with sheeted loads. We never used to get bothered. The food used to be good. the facilities were good, and Dave, the guy who used to run it was OK. I retired in 1999. The more I read about the parking problems in these days, the more I am beginning to be glad that I am retired.Too many ■■■■■■ with too many Yooman Rites!

There should be minmum standards at these places.
MSA’s, Truckstops, RDC’s, should all be regulated by the TC’s office.

daleyboy:

MD0117:

daleyboy:

Whereabouts in Brizzle are you? I live in Bristol and work for a Bristol firm across the water.

I live in the hanham area how about you who are you driving for?

coming from the eastern block i bet this lad was impressed with this.

MD0117:

daleyboy:

MD0117:

daleyboy:

From Patchway area and i work for plm

…this used to be a pretty good place to stop.
Originally run as a pub where a few trucks would park up…the overspill went in the lay-by. I used it foten. The food was okay, a couple of pints went down well but the other facilities were not great.

Then the local Chief-Constable decided to have a purge and breathalyse drivers on v.early starts. Fair enough if you think that way but a tad draconian to prosecute…should have said ‘have a long lie-in mate.’

That’s the way it here though isn’t it? All stick and no flipping carrot.

Later it was bought out.invested in to become a ‘proper truckstop’ and it was okay for a year or three.
Sounds like it’s gone down the pan. Much like England.

fox

daleyboy:

MD0117:

daleyboy:

MD0117:

daleyboy:

From Patchway area and i work for plm

Hi daleyboy how is pat these days teleponed him looking for a job when i knew things at oak were not looking good. anyway i found a job within 24 hours and i am now working for rode. Cheers