Recession over? Don't think so

just spotted these on Roadtransport.com

roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … rkers.html

roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … hreat.html

add on the jobs related to these sites and it’s another 400+ jobs gone. I don’t think we’re anywhere near the end of the recession - we are at the end of the beginning of of it!

we’re coming out ofthe recession but there is plenty of pain still to come, some firms will fold while others will get stronger. but by mid next year i think things will be much better

The hard yards start here - the car scrappage scheme is finishing as is quantitave easing so there won’t be any artificial support for the economy. Add to that the VAT increase and the fuel price going up I can’t see how things will improve.

‘…Recession…’? It is only a word: Life is gonna remain different and not be like before. Give it whatever name that’s fashionable - but some standards of life defy language & it aint too good.

Mr ‘No More Boom & Bust’ and his predecessor, Bliar have bankrupt us only a few years after we had paid off the US from our WWII debt.

Cheers for nothing, you snivelling ■■■■■■■■

Next year, maybe, certainly not this year, I wish.

It’ll be another 5 years before we enjoy a bouyant economy and job opportunities, by which time I’ll be retired :wink:

Tiger.

Recession :question: What recession :question: We have never been so busy… :exclamation:

Smee:
Recession :question: What recession :question: We have never been so busy… :exclamation:

Gis a job then :smiley: :laughing:

DAFMAD:

Smee:

always plenty going but nobody wants to work there.

Smee:

Belive it or not, since the 59 reg cars came out Ive been busier than ever with parts for Ford… :imp:

jessicas dad:

DAFMAD:

Smee:

I don’t know where there is, tell me more. :confused:

I think it will be the middle of next year before things pick up even slightly. Quarry work is utterly dire. One or two days per week maximum. :imp:

We had a massive road job that was due to start 6months ago but has been canned. if that had gone ahead the order of 800,000tonnes would have kept us in work for the next 2-3 years and it would have been ‘recession? what recession?’. Such is life I guess…

I did my 1st Saturday at work since Feb last week, some hadn’t been in since october, we got a text offering work this week too.

I do Hanson Aggregates work and there is a bit to do on the M1 widening up here J25-J28.

Looking at my topline to week 24 I am only £500 down on the same time last year.

DAFMAD:

jessicas dad:

DAFMAD:

Smee:

pentelivers cannock, used to be bowmurs.

jessicas dad:

DAFMAD:

jessicas dad:

DAFMAD:

Smee:

pentelivers cannock, used to be bowmurs.

Oh there. I’ve been there, to take an empty in IIRC, a dive init ? pmsl. :laughing: