RE: What Scania dont want you to know

After a call from Scania, this topic has been temporarily been moved to a storage area as a gesture of goodwill.

From The Insider
We regret that we are currently unable to bring you the latest news from Scania.
This is due to a misunderstanding, the result of which is that we are currently only able to receive the first two lines of Scania’s press releases along with a weblink.
TruckNet UK is the UK’s number one website for drivers, a status which we are proud to have achieved by providing our members with the fully comprehensive and first-class service that they deserve.
We therefore feel that it would be unfair to dilute this ethos by carrying incomplete information. It would be a departure from the high standard that our members have come to expect and, as such, an insult to you, the reader, without whom we would not be where we are today.
We apologise for any inconvenience and disappointment which this decision has caused, and sincerely hope that the situation will be resolved in due course.

UPDATE
A meeting has now been arranged with Scania, and is set to take place on Monday 27th June. The aim of this meeting is to resolve the misunderstanding mentioned above, and it is our sincere hope that both our readers and Scania will be able to benefit from our usual high standards after this date.

I think you should have left it up Rikki,it would have let Scania know that the people who use their end product ain’t happy.They obviously saw the last post( there’s a joke there somewhere) :laughing: that you placed up here,and have reacted on that. :wink: This is my own personnel view :wink: .

kitkat:
I think you should have left it up Rikki,it would have let Scania know that the people who use their end product ain’t happy.They obviously saw the last post( there’s a joke there somewhere) :laughing: that you placed up here,and have reacted on that. :wink: This is my own personnel view :wink: .

And it is a fair comment , However, despite what appears to be Scania’s "This is the way it is going to be approach", they have asked us to go to Milton Keynes and discuss the problem. They requested as a gesture of goodwill I edit the post, I felt it is better to remove the post in its entirety. That way at least TruckNet can be seen to be being reasonable and flexible.

Obviously if this issue remains after the June 27th meeting there is no reason why it could not be re-instated

Rikki-UK:

kitkat:

And it is a fair comment , However, despite what appears to be Scania’s "This is the way it is going to be approach", they have asked us to go to Milton Keynes and discuss the problem. They requested as a gesture of goodwill I edit the post, I felt it is better to remove the post in its entirety. That way at least TruckNet can be seen to be being reasonable and flexible.

Obviously if this issue remains after the June 27th meeting there is no reason why it could not be re-instated

Along with the reply(ies) … :slight_smile:

Rob K:
Along with the reply(ies) …

Of course, the removal is a gesture of goodwill, not censorship!!, If it is deemed appropriate to re-instate the topic at any point, it will come back complete! :wink:

Rikki-UK:

Rob K:
Along with the reply(ies) …

Of course, the removal is a gesture of goodwill, not censorship!!, If it is deemed appropriate to re-instate the topic at any point, it will come back complete! :wink:

Fare enough Rikki,hope it all goes well. :wink:

Rikki-UK:

You can take this reaction with a sence of gratification, there are plenty of multinational {mac}giants that would simply dismiss the comments made on a forum such as this, as the rantings of a vocal but insignificant minority. I missed the original post {no renaults involved} but it must haved touched a nerve, but good on em for having the forsight to take the time to discuss these issues with you. :slight_smile:

Having missed the original thread Rikki, I have absolutely no idea what you are all talking about, but it seems to me that you are taking a sensible course - reflection (buzz word of the moment), clarification and no censorship.

On the other hand what the hell are you doing in MK when imminently required on midwifery duties in 'boro? :confused:

Crossed fingers now mortifying :cry:

Salut, David.

i missed the original post but as i must assume it wasn’t a good point for scania sales.
as i drive one of the best trucks on the road i can assure scania that the sign of the griffin means a first class vehicle, excellent build quality, reliability and comfort.
there are a few things that need reviewing but there isn’t a perfect truck on the road yet.

Well How did the big meeting go then, :question:

Stop keeping us in suspence, :open_mouth: I can’t take it anymore :unamused:

Especially as I don’t know what the original problem was? :smiley:

It has been put back until tomorrow (major reshuffling on our parts… :unamused: )…and the bad news is that we now have to be away until Thursday, so you’ll have to wait until then. :wink:

On the subject of Scania…

I know the main issue is about Press Releases but it would also serve as an opportunity to clarify other issues.

HERE I’ve supplied information from the Driver’s Handbook.

If I had scanned the page and put that up. Would that have been objected to?

If I had photographed a control unit and annotated that. Would that be acceptable?

If I had re-drawn the the illustration in the Handbook as a bitmap. Would that be allowed?

AND also, are we allowed give advice, such as where to find the dip stick on a 4 series. Or, when coupling up with a 6 x 2 unit, not to leave the engine running when on the catwalk because if anyone moves the steering wheel there is a ruddy great steering linkage that can trap toes.

Furthermore, and probably more of an issue for the SMMT rather than just Scania, but I can buy a second hand mobile phone of Ebay, or elsewhere, and if it doesn’t come with a manual, I can download it off the Net. (104 pages in the case of the last one I bought) but if I buy a second hand vehicle, the Handbook has to be purchased (from a dealer).

As we all know, any second or third user buying a truck will seldom find that it comes with a Handbook. For any owner to obtain the best use of such a vehicle, and thereby, potentially, become a ‘repeat’ customer, then a Handbook, although not invaluable, might play a significant part.

So why, unlike manufacturers of mobile phones, do vehicle manufacturers not provide Handbooks in an electronic format. Either on the Internet or as a free CD.

Realistically, what are the numbers for OTC sales of Handbooks each year.

Very few I’d wager.

Providing Handbooks in an electronic format, either as a mailed CD, or via a ‘Registration Required’ download, enables any manufacturer to build a database of second-hand owners, who can not only then be commercially targetted in a more cost effective way, but be readily appraised of any Recall Notices.

(And if that idea takes off, I retain copyright. :stuck_out_tongue: )

I don’t think I can wait until then!!!

‘How to keep an idiot in suspence? I’ll tell him on THURSDAY!!!’

:laughing: :smiley: :laughing: :smiley: :laughing: :smiley:

Am extremely cordial; and productive meeting was held at Scania’ s UK HQ,
A number of issues and ideas were discussed and a full exchange of views took place.

As a result of this meeting we are pleased to tell you that from now on we will be able to bring you all up to date with Scania’s news, Other developements may follow. :smiley:

Krankee:
On the subject of Scania…

IAND also, are we allowed give advice, such as where to find the dip stick on a 4 series.

i felt a right wally at stobbies when i couldnt find the dipstick i asked a driver but never in a million years did i think that it was behind the nearside corner panel.

Rikki-UK:
Am extremely cordial; and productive meeting was held at Scania’ s UK HQ,
A number of issues and ideas were discussed and a full exchange of views took place.

As a result of this meeting we are pleased to tell you that from now on we will be able to bring you all up to date with Scania’s news, Other developements may follow. :smiley:

But will we get to see the origanal issue that caused all this fuss, because i’m feeling left out :wink:

Rikki-UK:

From The Insider
We regret that we are currently unable to bring you the latest news from Scania.
This is due to a misunderstanding, the result of which is that we are currently only able to receive the first two lines of Scania’s press releases along with a weblink.
[/i]

I think the main objection was to our publishing their press releases in full.

AND also, are we allowed give advice, such as where to find the dip stick on a 4 series.

In my experience, sat behind the steering wheel :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:

Oi, you. I resemble that remark. :smiley: :smiley:

Wheel Nut:

AND also, are we allowed give advice, such as where to find the dip stick on a 4 series.

:open_mouth: :smiley: Blimey Malc, that was good. :smiling_imp: :stuck_out_tongue: