RANT of the week.

Hazard lights that we must use when at depots and RDC`S,if the warehouse monkeys can not see a 44 ton truck the size of a bungalow,then they are not safe to be working there.Once when firm starts this,they all follow like sheep,and spreads all over the UK.
Drivers on the phone while driving,when a passenger could take the call and relay the message,i see this everyday.
Speed cameras and traffic lights on a gradient,where you slow down and lose the momentum,thus using more fuel to speed up again after passing the camera or stopping for a light,on a hill,going up it.The one on the A303 is an example,in that small village.
Get past brigade of car drivers that have kami kaze tendencies,to save one minute on their journey,then you see them pull in to the next garage getting a coffee.
I leave a gap the length of 5 artics to let traffic join a motorway jam of slow moving traffic,the car drivers,for some reason choose not to enter the huge gap i left,and carry on to the end of the split,and than they can not enter,the ones that do enter my gap,make a right mess of their driving,the car is at a 45 degree angle,blocking cars behind them trying to join the motorway too,most are too fast to enter the gap,and overshoot,not very clever.

This post is a fail Tobe. It doesn’t have the randomness of your others. You still have some work to do to beat your “nimbys in Bath complaining about trucks” > “bloke carries bathroom suite home on his back” post. Must try harder. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Have refused to put on hazards in Canary Wharf, told the bloke idicators tell other drivers which way the motor’s going. Same as cars getting on a ferry with hazards on - fools :exclamation:

Had a bad week,the got to get by at any cost brigade,should have been the title,i am going in the naughty corner now Rob,Trading Standards are recruiting next week for volunteers to do their work for free to catch lorryists flouting the weight limit on an old bridge.
I wonder how the volunteers have knowledge of how much a wagon weighs by just looking at it,then you get a nice letter from the DVLA to send some donation to their office xmas bash.
If the lorry was legal,and they write down the plate number,they are not allowed to check the plating certificate in the cab that shows all the legal stuff,as only the rozzers and vosa can stop any size vehicle.Surely this is illegal,i spy with my little eye brigade wearing hi viz on a 400 year bridge that is not fit for modern traffic,horse and cart maybe.

Plus the electricity bill for using the hazards,it came to £97.75 last month,i will not use headlights now to save money,for night time,i have glued some torches in the head light assembly,and hang some flags on the grill to warn on coming traffic of my presence.

Dave55:
Have refused to put on hazards in Canary Wharf, told the bloke idicators tell other drivers which way the motor’s going. Same as cars getting on a ferry with hazards on - fools :exclamation:

LOL at that I used to think the same, untill a blue badge holding friend of mine told him thats the signal so the deck crew know to park them near the doors or with a bit more room around. He hated it because everyone looks at you like your a tube :laughing:

I was told by a TNT driver in his depot that as i didn’t have a hi vis on he might run into me. I asked how he knew i wasn’t wearing one he said he could see that i… then he went quite and walked away

toby1234abc:
Hazard lights that we must use when at depots and RDC`S,if the warehouse monkeys can not see a 44 ton truck the size of a bungalow,then they are not safe to be working there.Once when firm starts this,they all follow like sheep,and spreads all over the UK.
Drivers on the phone while driving,when a passenger could take the call and relay the message,i see this everyday.
Speed cameras and traffic lights on a gradient,where you slow down and lose the momentum,thus using more fuel to speed up again after passing the camera or stopping for a light,on a hill,going up it.The one on the A303 is an example,in that small village.
Get past brigade of car drivers that have kami kaze tendencies,to save one minute on their journey,then you see them pull in to the next garage getting a coffee.
I leave a gap the length of 5 artics to let traffic join a motorway jam of slow moving traffic,the car drivers,for some reason choose not to enter the huge gap i left,and carry on to the end of the split,and than they can not enter,the ones that do enter my gap,make a right mess of their driving,the car is at a 45 degree angle,blocking cars behind them trying to join the motorway too,most are too fast to enter the gap,and overshoot,not very clever.

got a ear bashing off security bloke at sainsburys sherburn over having them on in que to leave,i think he was on about they cause accident

pete904ni:

Dave55:

LOL at that I used to think the same, untill a blue badge holding friend of mine told him thats the signal so the deck crew know to park them near the doors or with a bit more room around. He hated it because everyone looks at you like your a tube :laughing:

That’s something I didn’t know :blush:

thetourist:
I was told by a TNT driver in his depot that as i didn’t have a hi vis on he might run into me. I asked how he knew i wasn’t wearing one he said he could see that i… then he went quite and walked away

PMSL, thats a classic retort :grimacing:

Dave55:

pete904ni:

Dave55:

I felt the same when I was corrected after saying “look at that ■■■■ with the hazzards on” :blush: :blush: :blush:

Makes sense when you know though :laughing:

I hate having to have Hazard’s on at RDC’s, Depot’s etc, especially when you have to park up for 2 hours and have to listen to the constant tick, tick, tick, on a DAF its the worst as I find they are far louder than on other makes.

As has been said, What’s the point of having them on when there’s 80 + vehicles all with hazards on, all doing their own thing.

pete904ni:

Dave55:

pete904ni:

Dave55:

I felt the same when I was corrected after saying “look at that ■■■■ with the hazzards on” :blush: :blush: :blush:

Makes sense when you know though :laughing:

The same with coaches when a passenger needs the lift, although some coaches the hazards go on automatically when you use ferry lift, lift the suspension that is.