Quite possibly the funniest post this year

Okay, I nicked it off another site that I’m not allowed to credit on here, but due credit to them and also member airhorn98 who originally posted it (dunno why you didn’t post it on here though?)

Just a thought has anybody thought about holding up their supermarket home delivery drivers? I know before you say it that is lowering yourself to their level and it’s a bit childish but hear me out.

If, say, every driver’s familly ordered a weekly shopping on the same weekend say. When they knock on the door ask them for the delivery note then close the door behind you saying we will get to you when we can go sit in your cab and we will give you a shout when we’re ready. Then after 30 mins or so go out and say right driver back up on to bay 1 hand in your keys then we can start unloading you. When you’ve got all the green baskets go through every item checking it off on the delivery note. Then if you’ve got a back door take the baskets round the back give them a slip of paper saying how many baskets they have got and then send the driver round the back to collect them and make sure they get a signature.

After that get your son or daughter to check the back of the vehicle to make sure they don’t have too many baskets. Then when they come back to get it signed pick up the phone and talk to someone for ten minutes before signing his notes or PDA then give him his keys back.

If he refuses or kicks up a fuss send him away if not he/she are bound to go back and say something to his TM and most probably he will ring you and ask why you delayed his driver.

You know what to say don’t you, these are our procedures and we are keeping to H+S rules we also have to book in deliveries and make space for them, we also have to check the delivery for any abnomillies. These things take time.

I bet it wouldn’t take long for them to get the message if every drivers familly does the same at about the same time. The majority of their vehicles will be delayed and by the end of the day most vans will be too late to do the later deliveries and it would give tesco the kinds of hassles we usually get for being delayed.

PMSL! Brilliant! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Now there’s a plan . . . . . . . .

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Great idea :smiley:

I think 23rd or 24th December would be great dates for this.

that is a great idea…i may even order some stuff now! :smiley:

very good :laughing: Also, whilst you are checking your shopping get the driver to wait in your garage or shed rather than his/her cab.

shade:
very good :laughing: Also, whilst you are checking your shopping get the driver to wait in your garage or shed rather than his/her cab.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Yeah, good one!

Excellent !!! :slight_smile:

Nothing against this site, it’s just they got a whole section on RDC’s over on the darkside :wink: .
Whilst I was reading it the thought came to me and typed away.

Yes it’s tongue in cheek but it’s still a viable protest to all supermarket chains that treat visiting drivers with contempt.

A good part of the 20 years I was driving full time was spent waiting in RDC’s with nothing more than a cup of ■■■■ that they called coffee.

The only differance being we were allowed to sit in our cab, that only just started when I finished.

The only reason they have so many H&S rules now is not for the safety of their staff or visiting drivers, they don’t give a ■■■■ about anybody only making massive profits.

The only reason they have all these rules is to stop getting sued and someone taking away their massive profits

That is by far the BEST post ever! And if anyone has the brass to try it out…let us all know how it went…PLEASE.

pmsl :laughing:

euromat:
that is a great idea…i may even order some stuff now! :smiley:

It would be a better idea to have everyone doit on the same date all round the country and inform the press just bewore it happens to get some publicity out of it.

Can you imagine nearly ALL of their drivers held up on the same day at roughly the same time and taking their keys off them :slight_smile::):):):).

This wants organising sounds excellent to me.

Can someone PM the site to me please if the mods on here are too childish to let other trucker sites even be mentioned.

Our Lass has got ASDA coming in the morning…I wonder…dare I…she’ll kill me if they stop coming and she has to go and collect it herself next time :confused: …mind you there’s Sainsbury’s and Tesco’s I think Morrisons do deliveries as well…mmmmmm…that could be four weeks shopping till she has to go herself…might be a giggle.

I’ll let you know tomorrow :smiley: :smiley:

Why not order from them all and park em up in a q round the corner. When they ask when they can deliver ask em to come and check every ten minutes just in case one of them dares to think they can have a kip.

daneinter:
Why not order from them all and park em up in a q round the corner. When they ask when they can deliver ask em to come and check every ten minutes just in case one of them dares to think they can have a kip.

Not allowed to park there mate youll have to move on,.

Absolutely brilliant,never used home deliveries might well after reading this post,even better if one of them wasn’t taxed or insured,ring the police and they could tow it away and crush it!!
regards derek

I think Morrisons do deliveries

No, but Waitrose do
www.ocado.com

When i did it I had a couple of loads refused because the van fridge was 1degree out of temp! poxy nursing homes.

I do hope all these supermarkets are paying for their adverts on here. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Absolutely brilliant,never used home deliveries might well after reading this post,even better if one of them wasn’t taxed or insured,ring the police and they could tow it away and crush it!!

Just walk round and inspect any Tesco van, it’ll have bits broken off it all over the place.

LOL! Excellent!

Also when driver first shows up he will have go each household member because, " no one knows anything about it, wasn’t expecting a delivery today". :unamused:

And if any of them are more than .000001 of a second late, turn them away and tell them to come back tomorrow, then inform them they are being fined £50. :smiling_imp: