Quick Diary

Shipped out poole to cherbourg with this slightly older but still smart sunseeker 36, no height to worry about but 3.3 m wide so cat 2 with pilot car and no peage.

off the ferry in the morning and due to local ban times had to wait for the pilot car to arrive at 8.oo, filled up at the esso and off we go, not to far to go.

nice quiet roads.

After a couple of breaks and 10 hrs of driving we reach claudes at st genis, last time i came here it was closed but am assured by the pilot car driver that it is under new owners, after a few beers and a excellent meal i would recommend it.

stopped for at another routier the following night and all was going well. Stopped at La Jonquera to pick up a permit and do some shopping and saw this muppet who had reversed over the edge of the car park

Off we go and all is well until we ground to a halt on the barca ring road and did not move for 3.5 hours.

Turned out one of our eastern european mates had fallen asleep and crashed believe luckly he was ok.

arrived at port ginesta at got tipped about 1700 hrs using this crane

nice place

was going to eat here on the marina until i saw the price of the menu so headed in town

Next day made my way north again stopping in La Jonquera for fuel and ■■■■ etc etc., Had a back load from the boat factory near la roche, could of been there on friday but due to “la credit crunch” they are on a 4 day week so had to park up and wait till monday am.

not the best view i have ever had from my window on a weekend out

but at least it was right behing this, so a shower sorted supermarket and bar off to explore.

Nice photos Boatman.

I recall seeing one of your wagons about April/May time last year,waiting to load out from Portsmouth,then on the route back at Caen later in the week.

Good wee diary Boatman and some nice scenery,wonder how yer man got on with his truck in the carpark,was it loaded?
thanks and regards derek

trucking482002:
Good wee diary Boatman and some nice scenery,wonder how yer man got on with his truck in the carpark,was it loaded?
thanks and regards derek

The supermarket in Les Herbiers has parking for HGVs round the back, mainly for french drivers to dtop at the routier for lunch

Thanks a lot for anice read and great pictures,
will be keeping a lookout for your next post.

Nice diary Boatman. It’s cool to get a look at other folks working life. Keep 'em coming.

I like peoples diaries, and this is no exception. Nice one.

Boatman:

WHOOPS !!! :laughing:

Nice diary mate,keep them coming. :smiley:

ace pic’s boatman,thism is the sort of thing that makes this site so appealing to me and also gives restbite to all the negative (BUT VALID) posts,more soon i hope :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

excellent photos wish i there :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

homet diary. On your nights out do you sleep in your cab or in the boat?