Quick Diary

First sorry this is a week late but got caught for a weeks car transporting so out all week and this is the first chance I have had to post the diary.

Shipped out three sundays ago from Portsmouth to La Harve on lucky dip lines with these two

After a couple of beers on the ferry landing in the morning and waited for the pilot cat. As the boat on the trailer is 3.4m wide shes a cat 2 load so ■■■■■■ and no motorway or peage.

So off over the pont normandy

not to far to go

After 4 hours stopped for a coffee here

nice clear roads

A bit of congestion through the town as there is a 17 tonner parked after 10 mins of blocking the town the pilot gets it moved and were on the road again

After another 4 hours pulled in here for the night the pilot driver chooses the stops as he has to find a hotel close by as we don’t double up. some of the guys now hav bunks in the back of their vans.

After a good 9 hrs driving pulled in another routier where we met an on time driver who goes by the nickname of doris, drank far to much and a good meal off to Port Grimuld the next day

Arrived just before lunch so unstrapped her and went for a leisurlly lunch myself

Now with only the small boat said goodbye to tje pilot and off to cap farrat, arrived about 1900 hrs on the wed night, bank holiday on thursday so park at the marina and have a tour around.

After walking several miles and sampling the local beverages friday morning arrives up early and get the boat unwrapped ready

They moved this one first then mine.

Once done hitched to the trailer and off to St Jean de Losnge just south of Dijon. After a over night at the side of the road

Arrived at the marina about 1000 hrs on Saturday the good thing about marinas is they are free, secure with showers, toilets and usually a bar. All in All a nice place to park for the wekend

Next time I will bring a fishing rod

The crane we will be using on Monday

After a good weekend loaded and set off with the pilot to la Harve again 3.4 wide

Stopped overnight at the center routier at orleans which was packed so had to park in a bus stop but after a very good meal set off the next day for La Harve. As there is a ban time from 11.30 till 1400 stopped in the Center Routier at La Harve for Lunch

Then on the boat back to portsmouth

Once off the ferry drove an hour to chichester marina and tipped the following morning

Once tipped back to the yard and home. Shipping out to alicate next week will try and get some pics

that is a very good job and good diary. :wink:

That was a good diary.

Different all together to the general haulage type stuff I do.

Keep them coming.

i agree with jd top pics and a top job you have :wink:

Very interesting … often see the boat boys on the Pompey-Caen crossing. How does that boat sit on the back trailer? Is it stable etc? Are they heavy? Just interested.

TheBear:
Very interesting … often see the boat boys on the Pompey-Caen crossing. How does that boat sit on the back trailer? Is it stable etc? Are they heavy? Just interested.

On that trailer we can carry upto a 34 footer and it sits OK, theres not much weight to them a brand new 34 footer straigght from the factory only weighs abot 5.5 tons

Carl:
i agree with jd top pics and a top job you have :wink:

thankyou got to admit I enjoy it :smiley: :smiley:

Lucky git! :laughing: :smiley:

Shrek:
Lucky git! :laughing: :smiley:

Your a shade greener than normal Shrek :laughing: :laughing:

I know how you feel though :frowning:

Cheers for rubbing it in how crap our jobs are BM :imp: :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice pics and diary b.t.w. :wink:

tht beach u got a pic of was lovely :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice diary Boatman ,very intresting and great pictures.Cracking place to
get weekended. :smiley:

the little towns in france r like ghost towns dont u think the shutters r always closed and theres never anyone about it so weird

great diary mate how about some of your motor :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: