Query regarding WTD and hours

Hi All. Just trying to get my head around something regarding working time.

Company I’m about to start for regularly work 60hrs per week. Sometimes more. Just wondering how if thats the standard working week how I would meet the WTD rule of averaging 48 hours per week?

Would this mean I’d need to acquire an average of 12 hours per week of POA?

Answer could be staring me in the face but I just can’t do the math unless its all down to POA?

You can use break or POA to keep the average down to 48 hours, but remember that the 48 hours is an average over the reference period of 17 or 26 weeks.

If you use POA remember that 45 minutes of POA wrongly resets the driving time on a digital tachograph display, but only break or rest can legally reset the driving time, a few people have fallen fowl of the way digital tachographs handle POA :frowning:

Good luck with the new job :wink:

So theoretically if I couldn’t clock up much POA then I its just down to breaks? I’ll be doing a few drops per load so would take 5 hours plus to clock my 4.5 hours drive time. so I’m thinking I’d only be using 1 45 min break around the 6 hour mark.

So that means I’ll need to be able to hit a good chunk of POA each week right?

Thanks for the reply. Reason I’m asking is I know the company will try and get over 12 hrs a day out of me but I’m happy with 11-12 hours. Contract is only 45 hours so trying to go in knowing the score.

Tar

Its the responsibility of the company to monitor your WTD hours and if they aint bothered about the WTD then nobody else will be either

If you only get paid for 45 hours then do not do more than that - a driver who works for nothing is a ****

No My contract is 45 hours minimum but I would be paid by the hour for what I did extra. Theres not a ■■■■■■■ chance I’d work for nothing haha.

I’m sure I’ll learn on the job but I like being prepared to begin with.

Nobodies ever been taken to court for WTD infringements, just euro crap to be ignored