Wtd question on 60hrs an 90hrs

talking to a guy i work with the other night an he was goin on about 60hrs maximum a week?

and also the 90hr fortnight limit

my question is

last week i did 52 hrs paid work and my wtd hrs were 52 also (no poa an breaks taken off)

the 60hr limit is this total or after breaks an poa have been taken off?

also if ive done 52hrs last week can i only do 38hrs this week to satisfy the 90hr fortnight limit or is the limit just driving hours and not paid or wtd?

sorry for the long question but it really worried me an ive never had any tacho`s come back or been told ive gone over in 2 years of working for this company?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

The 60 hour maximum/48 hour average for the WTD is just work, that’s driving and other work so no breaks or POA.

The 90 hour fortnightly limit for the EU Driver’s Hours Rules is just driving time, not other work, breaks or POA.

Do you not get paid for breaks and POA? Those 52 hours you did last week must at least have had some break in there?

Coffeeholic:
The 60 hours for the WTD is just work, that’s driving and other work so no breaks or POA.

The 90 hour fortnightly limit for the EU Driver’s Hours Rules is just driving time, not other work, breaks or POA.

Do you not get paid for breaks and POA? Those 52 hours you did last week must at least have had some break in there?

hello mate

so if after taking off breaks an poa im under 60hrs thats okay?

we dont get paid for our 45min break but do get paid for poa eg if im on duty for 12hrs i get paid for 11 and a quarter hrs :slight_smile:
those 52 hrs were after taking off my 45mins every day

dave150267:

Coffeeholic:
The 60 hour maximum/48 hour average for the WTD is just work, that’s driving and other work so no breaks or POA.

hello mate

Yes, but you need to average 48 hours per week over your company reference period

Coffeeholic:

dave150267:

Coffeeholic:

hello mate

Yes, but you need to average 48 hours per week over your company reference period

yeah im currently running at 50hrs average so i am aware ive got to drop my average down

dave150267:

Coffeeholic:

dave150267:

Coffeeholic:

hello mate

yeah im currently running at 50hrs average so i am aware ive got to drop my average down

Don’t stress about it though, nobody is really bothering with it, or enforcing it. As long as you are keeping to the Tacho regs no one is going to worry about a couple of hours over the average.

Coffeeholic:

dave150267:

Coffeeholic:

dave150267:

Coffeeholic:

hello mate

Don’t stress about it though, nobody is really bothering with it, or enforcing it. As long as you are keeping to the Tacho regs no one is going to worry about a couple of hours over the average.

cheers mate :smiley: :smiley: