Proposed 80mph on motorways

Whats the take on the proposed raising of the speed limit for cars etc from 70 to 80mph on motorways.
My own opinion is leave it at 70mph.There are enough of idiots driving at much greater speeds than that already,also more fuel is going to be used.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=75387
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=75402

Rob K:
Raising the speed limit on motoways for cars - THE UK PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=75402

Noticed the other topics after I posted Rob :confused: .

On a separate note, how the [zb] have you got 14000 posts in 2 years ? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Rob K:
On a separate note, how the [zb] have you got 14000 posts in 2 years ? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Nearly three years,mainly pics on the Old Drivers thread.I was on here before,but lost my password.
Cheers Dave.

Its the " A " road limits that should be raised for us,in my opinion from 40 mph to 50 mph :sunglasses:

Dave the Renegade:
Whats the take on the proposed raising of the speed limit for cars etc from 70 to 80mph on motorways.
My own opinion is leave it at 70mph.There are enough of idiots driving at much greater speeds than that already,also more fuel is going to be used.

only if they choose to drive at the speed limit. there dont seem to be all that many sitting at 70 just now. the morons drive at 50 getting in our way, the fuel savers sit at 60, the compromisers sit at 70 and the german junk drivers sit at 80 in the outside lane. the speed limit is treated as a rough guide unless a marked police car is around in which case it is a big scary number and no one wants to be within 10mph of it until the police car is safely out of sight :unamused:

Raise it to 80 by all means, instead of an airbag have a sharp metal spike protruding from the middle of the steering wheel, and just like speed cameras we can call it the safety spike.

“Working hard for safer roads, the safety spike partnership”.

I think a really good way to improve peoples driving would be to get rid of Fully Comp insurance.

It would also drag the prices down.

If you ■■■■ up and crash your car, then you have to pay for it.

A lot of knobs who drive badly do it in expensive cars, and if they ■■■■ up, the insuarance gives them 30 grand or whatever, then recoups it from us lot and the knob gets another 30 grand motor to drive like a ■■■■■

Oh, and company cars too, and more police, less speed bumps - they’re ■■■■