Proper working truck with highest mileage?

we have some 04 Fodens with over 1.4 million clicks on them. We also have an X reg rigid with about the same pulled like a train until someone tried to keep on driving with red engine management light on.

My old EC11 at Lynx was coming on 8yrs old when we got our new trucks and it wasn’t far off from its 2nd trip round the clock. I only had it for its last 2yrs on the fleet so I can’t say for sure if it had and rebuilds or if it was still on its original engine.

My current Renault Premium is an 11reg and its close to 260000kms already with no problems so far with it.

06 scania 420 1,235000 kms, had it since new.

52 plate daf cf 955136kms

54 plate DAF CF, recently just been retired and stepped down to a 12 plate Axor.

Sam Millar:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIhBZ9Gtnbk&list=UUlX4c234Z_FKtGiFToRVvbA&index=1&feature=plcp

54 plate DAF CF, recently just been retired and stepped down to a 12 plate Axor.

what no fanfair :open_mouth:

Sam Millar:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIhBZ9Gtnbk&list=UUlX4c234Z_FKtGiFToRVvbA&index=1&feature=plcp

judging by the state of the tacho thats a very well kept cab, a credit to you Sir :smiley:

toowise:

Sam Millar:

judging by the state of the tacho thats a very well kept cab, a credit to you Sir :smiley:

I can’t take any credit for that, it’s a good friend’s cab. Awesome chap he is, everyone should check out his videos. :slight_smile:

2 58 plate Actros’s, one on 550,000km and the other nearer 600,000km and a 59 CF that’s touching 700,000km

NewLad:
we have some 04 Fodens with over 1.4 million clicks on them. We also have an X reg rigid with about the same pulled like a train until someone tried to keep on driving with red engine management light on.

Good thread resurrection there NewLad 9 years nearly :smiley:

3 unit’s and a W&D at our depot…05 plate P cab Scanny, 1.4 mill and a few thousand k’s, my 54 plate with 1.7 mill and a few thousand k’s and a 61 plate CF thats only done about 2k as it’s always of the road! Dunno about the W&D but guess it’s in the region of the others. I wondered what sort of mileage mine was doing a while back and over 3 months, was averaging between 19/22k per month. All double shifted and on some days, split over 3 shifts (nights,days & back on night’s or vice versa) will do 1300k’s. She’s getting a bit tired now and on some occasions, only runs on 5 cylinders, which makes the hills interesting!

No idea of it’s mileage but I was overtaken today on the M56 by a Breg (1984/85!!!) 4x2 Scania 142 pulling a fridge trailer, 27 years old & still working!!

Ross.

i’m surprised that no one has bought up the infamous f88 logger that is still earning it’s keep to day, wonder what that has on the clock, and how many time’s has it gone around aswell…

bald bloke:

NewLad:

Good thread resurrection there NewLad 9 years nearly :smiley:

Was wondering when someone would notice :smiley:

wrighty:
06 scania 420 1,235000 kms, had it since new.

The 420 6 cylinder engine is probably the best engine that scania manufacture,its has excellent reliability and longevity and is a much better engine than the 470/480 turbocompound straight 6 also the d12/d13 engine fitted to the volvo fm/fh is an excellent engine have come across a few examples that have done close to 2 million km with little trouble.

this month’s trucking mag, has an article on stan robinson, compairing a scania G-series 230 highline, and a daf 85 cf skycab, the article on the scania is well intresting, one example of the scania’s they run, had got the “new” 9 liter 5cylinder engine in them, well untill it stuck a balancer shaft through the block… the said vehicle has now got the old 6cylinder engine in it…

We are running daf cf’s on 06 plates with over 1,350,000kms on them…all still going ok…they all luck a bit rough though

Our 07 plate cf trolleys had done between 900,000 and 1.6million kms when they went away in march. Got my new fm on 29th march and its covered 72,000knms so far.

Scania 124 470 2001 plate, 1,264000kms.

dominicpriestley:
Scania 124 470 2001 plate, 1,264000kms.

Do those 124’s go well. :wink: :laughing: