High Miles (km's)

Hi all,
Who has the newest truck with the highest milage on then? I drove a royal mail daf 85 on a 53 plate with 680000 km’s on it and we sill have it on the fleet,not bad for a used and abused truck ,you know the type two to three drivers a day and all that.Paul

Drove for Wilkinsons Magor on the agency last year and all their 51 & 52 plates were around the million mark. Some odometers were well into the second lap.

got a new(57) 3rd of march came with 600kms on it now close to 21000kms this weekend

all with one driver :smiley:

got that wrong sorry, need a new glass eye.

read the figure again Willie Mac :wink:

My agency have a customer which has an 05 plate 85 CF 430,and the last time I drove it,the registered kms,were near the 500,000 mark.

It’s probably over that now.

Ken.

Can’t remember the mileage but when working for Initial CityLink their trucks could clock up the miles.

We did double man Glasgow to Birmingham, when we got back to Glasgow another driver then took the truck up to Inverness and then back to Glasgow.

I’d guess thats about 1450 kilometers every day.

Prob about 377000kms a year.

Their trucks replaced all the time though so didnt rack up huge mileage.

The guy i was working with the normal driver, they had a 54plate at the time most of the rest of the fleet was 56plates. They were trying their best to hold on to it because it wasn’t a digi tacho and plus the fact it seemed to be limited to about 58mph, rather than standard 52mph rest of the trucks were doing, Saved time espec getting paid a salary. Think it had about 800,000 but was developing faults.

my 03 plate xf95 ssc has 480 000 on clock. still going strong :smiley:

Nft@ crick have just got rid of a load of 04/54plate Daf95`s with 800,000+ on them! :open_mouth:

I drive a 03 DAF 45LF 7.5t and that has got 600,000kms on it.

i drive and own a vw lt small truck reg 2002,done 640,000 kms,with only me driving it.

i sometimes drive a r reg daf 85 360 that has come off distance work on to local shunting, that has done well over 1.4 millon ks,all on the same engine and only 1 new gearbox.still pulls well to.

I drive a ‘56’ plate daf cf which has 409,000kms on it…had the truck from new and the rear drive tyres have just had the treads recut… :slight_smile:

cab happy people

In mid-2007, I drove a Samworth Bros 54-plate with 600,000 km on the clock (i.e. at least 200,000 km per year)

Howdens Kitchens…54 plate Daf XF with 522000km on.

our 55reg ( 2.5yrs old) axors have just come up to 500,000 ks,not without many breakdowns,clutches though. :frowning: dont think they will better the dafs we still run.

MR VAIN is 6yrs, 6months old and is showing 926000k today. Never been raced or rallied :laughing:

MR VAIN:
MR VAIN is 6yrs, 6months old and is showing 926000k today. Never been raced or rallied :laughing:

any chipping yet of the ecu variety

AS IF! Had it chipped in january. Not much gain on fuel, oh boy does it pull! :sunglasses: