projectiles

i myself have had my cab hit by bricks bottles and stones thrown at my cab and hit on some occasions at least on four occasions over the last 8 years the cherry on the cake being shot by a high powered airgun 2 years ago all these incidents were in the uk the pellet from the airgun ended up 3 mm from my right eye (thought id left all that in the army ) :laughing: anyone else had these problems or am i being targeted :laughing: the company i worked with then wanted to put me up for driver of the year i asked for more money :laughing:

what sort of places do you drive through? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: the only things ive had are birds thowing themselves at the windscreen

im sure i got shot at with a air pistol the other week in wolverhampton on the traffic lights by the high rise on the a4124. something pinged off the window on the kerbside thats for sure whilst i sat at the lights.

at burtonwwod on nights the local chavs hit golf balls over the wall in the emptys yard as were trying to load (if anyones intrested i have 4 golf balls) and the weeks up to bonfire night they fire rockets in the warehouse, little â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

jon

A few months ago when I was a permenent employee at a dreaded bakerie in stevenage delivering bread one of the drivers had a brick through his side window whilst heading out…

I saw 4 kids on top of the bridge just past Telford services chucking stones or something then running away. I called 999 and reported it. About an hour later I got a call from the police asking if I could describe them and where they might be.

I said by now they could be 20miles away and I already described them to the operator. He said they would send someone out to have a look.

They were probably sending a plastic policeman on the bus

scania245:
i myself have had my cab hit by bricks bottles and stones thrown at my cab and hit on some occasions at least on four occasions over the last 8 years the cherry on the cake being shot by a high powered airgun 2 years ago all these incidents were in the uk the pellet from the airgun ended up 3 mm from my right eye (thought id left all that in the army ) :laughing: anyone else had these problems or am i being targeted :laughing: the company i worked with then wanted to put me up for driver of the year i asked for more money :laughing:

You are in the wrong Forum :laughing:

Try that
ukpoliceonline.co.uk/

all incident s took place on a fri/sat night in dundee perth glasgow and the best one in forth lanarkshire nearly forgot whitburn going onto a slip road m8 unit took a pounding was doing a agencey shift at the weekend that was when you were allowed to guess what never got a shift with them again theres a suprise :laughing: all my fault for being on a road

Whilst on Stobarts i got bricked by about 10 youth’s one Friday night on the old Newport ring road where the rough housing estate is,i thought the window had gone in but got away with dent’s in the side of the cab.
Rang the police and told them,don’t think they would have raced around there somehow.
2nd time,driving Aintree,little (zb)threw his ice cream at the side window and all up the side of the cab,not harmed but mighty peed off because i’d spent the last 2 hours waxing the motor!!!

sorry jase waxing motor (no understand) :laughing:

Cheek!!!

never seen the point bud i get paid to drive load /unload up to 3 weeks ago my favorite pastime was if tv was rubbish was watch guys with new wagons spend there daily break dusting them off (aye rite) :laughing: i grew up driving heaps where the most important thing was to keep them going and if it stopped going be able to do a runnining repair to get you somewhere it could get sorted waxed wagons nah no disrespect intended but not my scene

Its horse’s for course’s,there’s some blokes at our place who don’t even bother washing their motor’s.
Me i’ve always been the same,where ever i’ve worked i’ve polished and cleaned my motor’s reguarly even when i had a old truck,i do it for a bit of pride plus on container’s i don’t get a lot of exercise so anything that stop’s me dropping off all the time is a good thing for me.
No offence taken,oh and i’m one of the drivers spending their break’s cleaning and polishing their new truck’s :smiley:

ssshh,best hope vosa dont find-out cos aint that classed as other-work! :wink: :unamused: :unamused: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

chrisy boy:
ssshh,best hope vosa dont find-out cos aint that classed as other-work! :wink: :unamused: :unamused: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep…

Yes,but doesn’t the law say a driver must be able to freely dispose of his time whilst on a break.
I just choose to freely dispose of my time cleaning my truck.

jase you is sad :laughing: no direspect

on the A406 some little basket stood cobbing bricks at my old foden :imp: he didnt like it as much when i jumped out ,chased andcaught him,and let him know how upset i was :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
i know that most people (of the do good variety) will say you shouldn’t give em a scutch round the lug ,but i bet the little sod wont do it again

jase:
Yes,but doesn’t the law say a driver must be able to freely dispose of his time whilst on a break.

No it doesn’t, that’s what it says for rest. Rest and Break are two different beasts. A ‘break’ means any period during which a driver may not carry out any driving or any other work and which is used exclusively for recuperation. You’re gonna have to put that duster down and back away from it. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

jase:

No it doesn’t, that’s what it says for rest. Rest and Break are two different beasts. A ‘break’ means any period during which a driver may not carry out any driving or any other work and which is used exclusively for recuperation. You’re gonna have to put that duster down and back away from it. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

…a pedant after my own heart! :wink: