One for TruckNet CSI.

Does this look like stone damage to you? I’m thinking it may have been a missile, particularly as traffic in both directions was only travelling at 25-30 mph.

What does TruckNet CSI think?

Someone’s trying to assassinate you 'Arry

Looks like it took a hit from an air rifle, I’ve got one similar on an old car I’ve bought.

Once saw a windowscreen with damage similar to that when I was in the office at co-op, the driver claimed a driver in front chucked a full apple out of his window causing the damage, was traveling at 83k though and couldn’t catch up with the other driver apparently.

The area where it’s hit looks too big for a air rifle pellet. Looks more like a stones done it.

Enlarging the pic looks like red dust in the mix . house brick maybe or half of one

I had something similar happen to me a two weeks ago near the A13/ Blackwall Tunnel area late one evening. An ‘object’ hit the windscreen with an almighty crack, splintering glass inside the cab as I was pulling away from the traffic lights.

The police said they’d had incidents of ball-bearings being fired from paint ball guns … I guess stones could be fired from them as well. Some lovely people out there, wouldn’t you agree ■■?

Harry,are you sure it’s not your tramp strength spit
on your satnav suction pad that done it. :laughing:

Could be a ball bearing fired from a catapult.

My truck was damaged in Bradford last week by 3 skinheads firing ball bearings from a catapult. Had armed response chasing them through the park at 1am

daleyboy:
My truck was damaged in Bradford last week by 3 skinheads firing ball bearings from a catapult. Had armed response chasing them through the park at 1am

Nowt to do wi’ me, I was tucked up in bed long before then, ask my nurse.

:slight_smile:

I had damage to a windscreen similar to that about ten years ago.I was travelling along the M4 though some roadworks near Slough when a bolt flew up from under the wheels of a wagon travelling in front of me. That looks very much the same. My guess a bolt or metal object coming up off the road.

Had this on a34 north, only other vehicle about was a car on southbound side. Sure I was shot at!

Was you travelling under anything at the time Harry ? What did it sound like when it happened ? Was you in a built up area ?.Possibly a large stone or some other pebble like object from an adjacent field.

Dammit, I missed…

daleyboy:

I hope the trailer wasn’t damaged.

bald bloke:
Was you travelling under anything at the time Harry ? What did it sound like when it happened ? Was you in a built up area ?.Possibly a large stone or some other pebble like object from an adjacent field.

No bridges, built up area. It could have been something ejected from the wheels of the car in front although I was keeping a good distance from it, and everything was travelling slowly. The noise of the impact and the damage seemed out of all proportion with the traffic conditions.

I did report it to the Police 101 non-emergency line as a possible missile attack though, not because I’d expect them to investigate it but in case there are similar incidents in the same location in the future. It was only the fact that the dashboard is butted up against the windscreen at the point of impact that stopped the object coming right through the windscreen, had it hit the truck a foot higher it could have been a bit nasty, rather than just being an insurance claim…

id say a stone , had one very similar a couple of years ago goin down the M40 had glass in my hand cos it hit the screen with such force

Did some ■■■ come out when it hit?