prestons potto

hi does any body know what there like to work for ive heard good things

The fleet is well maintained and mostly high roofed cabs,(Almost all Scanias topliners - but a smattering of other marques too)

work is a good mixture, they run flats, extenders, tautliners and I believe they still have some powder tanks. they also have a heavy haulage section but that is mostly reserved for the old hands. They do UK only work but you can go anywhere from Wick to Penzance

Trampers are normally out 5 and a half days and can expect to a wide variety of work.

They also do have day/night drivers and some trunkers

As with any large company sometimes the work given out by the planners can seem a little daft. but on the whole they are pretty well organised.

They run legal and come down very hard on drivers who flout the regulations.

The pay is average for the area, nothing spectacular but their are plenty of firms paying less.

They did take on inexperienced drivers but on a probation period. (I suspect they still do)

DEPOTS
Stockton
If you want mostly Steel work with plenty of long loads then their subsidary (FVS) based in Stockton is the place to go for.
Potto
Do almost everything from here/head office
Knottingley
Mainly Curtainsiders, also used a a drop off point for other depots so expect some flat/steel work
St Neots
Southern main depot
Mainly curtainsiders again, but some flat work with concrete sections

To summarise, for a reasonably paid, legal, steady job with a decent fleet truck you could do far worse than working for Prestons. If you want a job with fireworks and exotic destinations in a airbrushed customised truck then Potto probably isnt the place for you

My mate worked for them for ten years. His only gripe was like the rest of us …he could of done with more money !!! He only left because he had re locted back to Liverpool and was tired of the commute. He’d go back tomorrow if it was nearby.

i worked for them 6/7years ago,never had any problems, dont hassle you, if you can rope and sheet its a bonus otherwise theres plenty of curtainsider work, but they will have you away all week if you let them, either start sunday-friday or monday -saturday, i work alongside a lot of there lads on the steel and they all seem happy enough