Rude drivers I know that much :-')

It was £8.60 2 years ago when i enquires so got to be £9 or more… think most of them are trampers from stockton. Steel work. Drivers have nothing but good words to say about them leave you alone… and there trucks seem decent enough

i started as a brand new driver at prestons about 6 years ago and stayed for 4 years.i wouldnt hesitate to recomend any new pass to get a start there.
as said the work out of stockton is mainly steel from hartlepool could be going anywhere in the country to a variety of interesting and sometimes daunting places.
im not sure on the money when i left 2 years ago it was £8.50 for the first 45 hrs and usually out at least 4 nights a week,i know they have just had a pay rise but not sure how much but it certainly wont have been massive.

the company themselves are excellent to work for,they dont push,pretty patient with new passes,dont cry about the odd infringement here and there but dont encourage anything illegal either
its pretty difficult to get in much trouble, in my time there i dont think i heard of anyone getting a disciplinary.

the fleet is very well maintained although they still have a few of the old 58 plate manuals the majority of the fleet is now new all come with fridges and the newer ones have microwaves etc

overall like i say id recomend them, the learning curve can be quite steep but once you have pulled a 60 footer with no rear steer through the middle of london not much will scare you again

I’m looking for day work really as I have a young child, does anyone know if they do day shifts at this depot?

I worked for them in the early 70s. for a few weeks.Every load was 3 tarps and a fly sheet out of South Area stores.Even though I was young and keen it was too much.Job could have changed a bit since,I suppose!